New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: He Is the Law
Was reading this post from the blog (https://radixfidem.blog/2021/10/06/he-is-the-law/) and the image that came to my mind was the difference between Barney Fife and Andy Taylor when it came to keeping the peace.

Barney was all about citations and making people obey the law and sometimes throwing them in jail. Andy was about keeping the peace, and working with people to accomplish their own peace, using appeals and common sense, and occasionally some psychology to get people to finally realize some "truth" that they were ignorantly or willfully blind to.

Just a thought. ^_^
Benjamin
(10-18-2021, 07:09 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Was reading this post from the blog (https://radixfidem.blog/2021/10/06/he-is-the-law/) and the image that came to my mind was the difference between Barney Fife and Andy Taylor when it came to keeping the peace.

Barney was all about citations and making people obey the law and sometimes throwing them in jail. Andy was about keeping the peace, and working with people to accomplish their own peace, using appeals and common sense, and occasionally some psychology to get people to finally realize some "truth" that they were ignorantly or willfully blind to.

Just a thought. ^_^

Barney was a LEO 
Andy was a Lawman 
I love TAGS. Well, the B&W episodes....the color ones...meh. 
I believe in using whatever imagery works to get your point across and TAGS is full of "teachable moments". Yeah boy!
Agreed. TAGS is one of the few TV shows I support. There's plenty of nostalgic "classic" stuff that was spoiled as soon as it came on, but TAGS is pretty solid.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(10-19-2021, 05:17 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Agreed. TAGS is one of the few TV shows I support. There's plenty of nostalgic "classic" stuff that was spoiled as soon as it came on, but TAGS is pretty solid.

Well, I don't have a clue about what y'all are talking about.  But then, what difference does that make?  Ha ha
TAGS = The Andy Griffin Show
(10-19-2021, 11:56 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: TAGS = The Andy Griffin Show

Gee duh!  Obviously my brain is malfunctioning today.   He He He.......    Been a busy one!   (:^)
Related, interesting to read about the Rural Purge, which most likely contributed to the series' cancellation.

https://infogalactic.com/info/Rural_purge
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
I'm often amazed that people don't realize just how thoroughly popular culture was steered by elitists. It's been a herd conditioning program for a very long time.