New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got a dog.
Nothing deep here. It's my first dog; never had one growing up. She's just too cute to not post.

Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Taking off on a tangent here: I've heard that some dogs are capable of working with natural human speech. While the claim is that every dog could, in theory, my experience tells me most dogs lack the temperament. I cannot have a dog where I live, and I'm not sure I want the responsibility of it anyway, but I'd love to spend time with a dog with an aptitude for it. While stationed in Europe with the US Army, a friend and fellow MP was trained as a dog handler and his family dog (Golden Retriever) seemed capable of following our conversation without any trouble, based on his responses.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(02-20-2019, 09:41 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Taking off on a tangent here: I've heard that some dogs are capable of working with natural human speech. While the claim is that every dog could, in theory, my experience tells me most dogs lack the temperament. I cannot have a dog where I live, and I'm not sure I want the responsibility of it anyway, but I'd love to spend time with a dog with an aptitude for it. While stationed in Europe with the US Army, a friend and fellow MP was trained as a dog handler and his family dog (Golden Retriever) seemed capable of following our conversation without any trouble, based on his responses.

I don't know much about dogs, but their breed's general intelligence level would play a part in how much they understand. I know they understand sounds and sound patterns (like their name, after a while), but whether they can understand approach an understanding of language they way we do...not sure.
Cute.
  "I want a Pug." States my daughter a lot. "Hey Megatron I'm on your side. Now convince your mom". I had an inbred pitbull Bubbles who was sweet and dumber than a bag of hammers. I saved her from becoming bait.
(02-21-2019, 02:04 AM)IainH Wrote: Cute.
  "I want a Pug." States my daughter a lot. "Hey Megatron I'm on your side. Now convince your mom". I had an inbred pitbull Bubbles who was sweet and dumber than a bag of hammers. I saved her from becoming bait.

Pugs are cute, but I've heard they're a lot of work to house break. I might be mixing them up with another breed though.
(02-21-2019, 07:06 AM)jaybreak Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 02:04 AM)IainH Wrote: Cute.

Pugs are cute, but I've heard they're a lot of work to house break. I might be mixing them up with another breed though.

I have no clue, it's my daughter's obsession. "Ok  but, next year you'll be a senior and the next a college freshman and you won't be able to take Pugsly Wugsly ssooo....why don't you wait a while". " but they're so cute" flops over top of loveseat. Today my son turns 18,  6/7ths adult , can't buy beer but old enough to die for his country.
Most dogs are not too smart, the only ones with enough intelligence to understand people are mutts. The reason I know this is.........okay big guy you can do this you're amongst friends........ OK HERE IT GOES..
I'M TRANSSPECIES! There I said it. Specifically, a dog trapped in a man's body. I don't know what breed, I'm a mutt, ruff! Rrrufff! It's so liberating to be out. Here's my list of demands 
1. End discrimination against all transsp's NOW!
2. Immediate acceptance and promotion by ALL of society regardless of their position on the rights of pre op transspecies persons. Including those who wish to be euthanized to make the transition from a  human to a multi species bacterial ecosystem.
3. The addition of grey to the Rainbow flag to represent the fact the most organisms see in monotone. We have other demands of the humanoicentric LGBQTXYZ. They think they're serious ha!! If they don't accept our mild inclusionary request. We will have our species reassignment surgery in Uruguay and return as killer bees!!
More satire, please. It's yummy.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(02-22-2019, 07:33 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: More satire, please. It's yummy.

I go with the flow, where it comes from is no mystery; America produces a rich crop of absurdity. How is the unknown quantity, I start on one thing and Whoosh! The Tangent!
"Quick Robin! To the the Batmobile, The Tangent is headed straight for Gotham."
Meanwhile in Commissioner Gordon's office...Dat dat dahhh...(why is a stretch three lettersss and a pause 3 dots..?  mm.. see, too little mmmm.... too much mmm... ah, just right) 
"Great Scot!...it's The Tangent!"..."Yes. Bumble brain, this story is mine now!"
Simultously, on the other side of the story
"Somebody done eat my oatmeal and drunk my KOOLAID! Mama"...
"Yo LaTeneesha theys a white girl in Joonyuz bed all snorin' n chit...hey little girl you needs to wake up. I don't know how you got here but, you is a longgg way from Money Bucket Hill" says Papa Bear nudging the girl awake.
"Daddy, theys a whole lot of po po outsi.."
Suddenly!
"Holy Mishmash Batman, the Batsignal"
"It's as I feared Robin The Tan..."
Batman is interrupted by the Police radio.
"All available units converge on Deep Forest Black Bear Internment Reserve. A black bear family has abducted Goldilocks, daughter of Paddington Goldilocks, Chairman of Solitary, Poor, Nasty, Brutish and Short, Capital Resource Investment and Global Monopolistic Strategy Inc."
Meanwhile again, at Police Headquarters "Ha ha Commissioner Gordon, I've got this so tied up no one will deravel it. So do you surrend..."
 Bzzz crack popple "Snipers you have a green light on the three bears, repeat a green light on the three bears"
Pow! Pow! Pow!
     Just another day on the job, thought Art as he caressed his beloved "Jessie" a custom Remington 700 . His mind drifted back to his third tour in Iraq, 167 confirmed Haji's. "Good times, who would have thought I'd take out more in America than Iraq. I love Detroit."
     "La la la la la, I'm on my way to Grandma's house." squeaked Lil' Red Hoodie as she skipped past the cops and EMT's, a common sight in "da Woods".................POW! " And, that's for wearing a hajib!"

Blah Blah Blah. That was more allegory than satire. I can do more, all I need to do is tap and silliness bursts forth. 
THATS! how it works, I get it now. Tap = silly, ta da!
If Iain did drugs, he'd be completely normal Smile