New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to stay and help
Hi all.  I am still down near the coast.

Today I am taking a break. My ribs are hurting pretty badly so I need to rest. Tomorrow (Sunday), I will go with his wife to the funeral home as she starts making the arrangements. There is a lot to do this week with his "stuff", courthouse, bank etc.,  and I will stay so I can help. He doesn't have a will, so that could be a problem.  

Mom in-law arrives here at midnight on Monday.  I will have to return home on Friday as she flies out of RDU Airport that evening.  I live about 30ish miles from that airport.  The three of us, hopefully, can get a lot done before the week's up.

It was very hard for us last night, watching Bryce take his last breaths. I've been with other people when they passed away. It's always a difficult thing.  I am trying not to dwell on it because things turned out the way they were meant to.  He was a very, very sick man and would never have made it back home had he survived this last round.

Anyway just thought I would check in.

Love you all and thank you for your prayers.
We are with you in spirit, Sister.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Thank you for the check in. We are all praying for you and the situation. Come home safely.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Praying for a productive week and pain relief for you Sister!
Day six has come and gone.  Everything is hanging/waiting on death certificates, without which nothing can be done.  If they are ready tomorrow, we can maybe get done a couple of the 10 or so things to do.  We  leave Friday and everything is closed then anyway for Good Friday.  It's been emotionally exhausting and physically challenging, but we were able to share our loss together and accomplish at least figuring out the ins and outs of what needs to be done.

His wife (they were separated I think I had already mentioned) has a serious community of friends and family that will do anything she needs help with in the weeks ahead until things settle back down again.

Easter, I will be with my daughter and grandkids for which I am more grateful than words could even begin to express.

Love you all and thank you so much, my dear family, for being here for me!   Smile Heart

PS.  Being "in the world" has been eye opening.     Glad I have a sanctuary to go home to.  I need it!!
Yes, the world is a very ugly place. May the Lord glorify Himself in your witness.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
I will also be enjoying Easter with my family. Blessings again for all you do... may you cherish your time with family this Easter.