New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Numbers 25:6 kind of moment..
(10-06-2021, 01:54 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: So they have no covering except yours? That's a tough situation, Sister. Guiding a bunch of siblings who show no interest in faith is like herding cats, at best. If the fellow coming out of prison is actually a Christian, he should know he has to prove himself in a world that knows almost nothing about him. If he resents that, it's a very bad sign. May the Lord provide clarity and patience for you.

Am I their covering? That is interesting, I have not thought of myself that way since they became young adults. I guess I have felt more like their neighbor.

(10-06-2021, 02:49 PM)forrealone Wrote: My heart feels for you.  I too have daughters - both in their 40's.  One with my three grandchildren lives near me; the other is lost to me.  When challenges appear in our lives, it is difficult to just take a deep breath and hand it to the Lord at times.  Believe me, it happens to me a LOT.  But you and I both know He truly is in control.  You can only make choices for yourself; your daughters make theirs. 

I will pray right now and ongoing for your situation and ask of the Lord to bring you His peace and to help you with His wisdom and His Strength.  May your heart be so filled with His Spirit that His Glory will shine out of and through you as a beautiful witness to your daughters and all.

I will also pray for your two daughters to be filled with the Spirit of compassion and kindness towards one another when "the talk" begins between them.

God bless you, honey      (:^)

Linda

Thank you Linda. I have really felt your prayers.

Good morning RF family
Prayer report:
“The talk” between my daughters happened Thursday. I was not there for the beginning but was called in midway because things were gettin not so nice. My oldest did not  take it well and lashed out at her youngest sister and never would agree that she had acted deceptively with her plan. 
For the last two days I have been in damage control mode. It is kinda like a retreat from a skimish with a lot of silence along with quiet negotiations hear and there. 
My youngest is sad disappointed and of course does not like to have a problem with her oldest sister she loves dearly. My oldest is like flint on her position sad but not backing down, and planning to get out as soon as she can onto her new life new man plan.
“The talk” was messy , not as bad as times in the past. I mean we have had some knock down drag outs. Before the Father spiritually awakened me I was hell on wheels, so you can imagine the strong daughters that could produce. I reflected I had a calm along side a heated disappointment  kind of thing happening inside of me as the feud happened. I also silently prayed as I listened. That was surprising to me because being a mom it is so easy to go full ballistic on your children when they are swords drawn on each other. I could have done better. Will you agree with me that the Father will forgive any worthless words I may have spoken. He might have mercy and forgiveness for my daughters.
I know I felt your prayers. I know I felt strength coming from your spirits to mine these last days. I have felt encouraged and that is not normally what I would feel after tough times. I am Grateful Jesus has heard my prayers and has brought to me, through unlikely means, strong mature Followers to pray with me. He did it in this life before I died. 
Thank you, just thank you.

Messages In This Thread
A Numbers 25:6 kind of moment.. - by Denise - 10-06-2021, 01:46 PM
RE: A Numbers 25:6 kind of moment.. - by Ed Hurst - 10-06-2021, 01:54 PM
RE: A Numbers 25:6 kind of moment.. - by Denise - 10-10-2021, 07:40 AM
RE: A Numbers 25:6 kind of moment.. - by Ed Hurst - 10-10-2021, 09:30 AM
RE: A Numbers 25:6 kind of moment.. - by jaybreak - 10-18-2021, 07:20 AM
RE: A Numbers 25:6 kind of moment.. - by Denise - 10-18-2021, 09:53 AM