New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mark
What do we think of this. Vox Day posted a small part of this blog post over the weekend: A Meditation On The Mark Of The Beast. The author goes into some territory and makes some claims I wouldn't, but the idea of the mark and anti-Christs being patterns throughout history and not merely a  "prophecy of a final battle" demonstrates the need to pay attention to guideposts God puts in our path about the world at large, and how we and creation are built:

Quote:The third kind of pastor, and this is the category I would put myself in, is the pastor who is very concerned with the Beast-like behaviour of the government, but also recognizes along with the pastors in the second category that there are countless examples of predictions about the end times being wrong, and so is also hesitant to call this the Mark of the Beast. However, there is another key difference between pastors in this group and the second group. We see many of the hallmarks of the Beast-like behaviour of governments in this time, and from this we observe an old pattern at work. A pattern about how evil works, and a pattern about how we are to find richness and application from Revelation in every era from the time of Nero until now. So, in a bit we will look at Revelation 13, but before we get there, we need to jump into 1 John and 2 Thessalonians and establish some things.  
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Yep, saw that. My commentary on Revelation specifically refers to the pattern, not some singular event. And while it's possible that the vax could become a mark of the Beast, it's not the final one. On my old blog I noted that there were too many cues missing for this to be the End.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog