New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print Library
This is not up yet, but I thought I would post about it anyway, since the first release will be out soon, which is Ed's Wisdom Literature collection. As Ed mentioned, the online library is up now.

I am using Lulu as the print on demand service, but the books will be available to order at the usual online places. I am selling them "at cost," which means neither I nor Ed will make money off of this. I won't know the details until I finish the first book here: I hit a snag getting the Lulu system to accept the PDF version of the book, but I will figure it out soon enough.

It won't take me nearly as long to do the other books, because I have all the styling and snags ironed out with this first one.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Woohoo! I'm in print now.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
I can't even tell you how excited I am about this. And I don't know what you mean by the usual online places, Jay.  In any case, I wish you would at least sell them for $0.99 a piece. I don't understand why you don't but that's just me. It's not that anybody wants to make money it's just that there was a lot of thought and time and effort that went into writing the books and into the compilation of everything in order to print them.  Or does that make things more "complicated"?

I have copies of everything on my tablet, on my laptop and desktop that you have written, Ed. Now I can actually have them in my little hands. I don't mind reading on a screen but I really prefer having a book in my hands and I am grateful to say I have printed copies of all the books I want to have. There aren't that many but they mean a lot to me.  Now I will have these!

PS  Any fiction going to be available or no?  You know i love the AI series and all the others!
They'll be priced whatever they will cost to print and send out. Most likely around 7 or 8 dollars, judging by the price of my book at amazon (I sell it for at cost as well).

I planned on doing the fiction books as well, yes, but the teachings ones are priority. I really don't have a decent timeline for all of it, so I don't know when everything will be done...but it will be book by book, not everything at once.

I'm with you on the printed copy sentiment, sister Smile
Jay neglected to mention that, in the interest of efficiency and economy, each print book will be an anthology of the smaller books I've published. The AI series will be folded in with two other short books.
^ Whoops. What Ed said. Each print book is a collection of smaller books, kind of like another book we know and love...
About Ed’s books: At first when I saw how may he had written I thought, “o my, how can I ever read all those books?” But it was so pleasant to see how Ed has  packed so much into clear concise chapters. Extra specially readable with that page turner feel. Yes very much like another Book we do so love.
All I can do is translate ("targum") and make the Book more readable. If you want to give credit, it's the Lord who shaped me to have the writing style you see.
Update on this: I believe I have it figured out the font embedding issue, but the solution is very hacky. I may post here about it later, in the next few days I'll move forward with the first book (finally!).
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile