New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tribulation and Blessings
God owns your heart. I can't address your heart directly; I can speak only to your mind. I can hope that you are listening and filtering with your heart. I can't tell you what God wants for you in specific terms. All I can offer are generalities drawn from my reading of the Bible. The details are between you and the Lord.

We have a gospel message. To this message we are committed above all things, including our own survival. We cannot afford to get lost from that message, to bog down, mired in things that do not reflect that message. It's not a question of what you are actually doing in real life, but to your intentions and overall commitment.

One of the generalities is that we avoid getting involved in human political wrangling, in the sense that we never let ourselves be sucked into believing in their agendas. We might be there among them for any number of reasons, but in our hearts we are aloof from their concerns. We are Covenant people, and they are not. If they were Covenant people, they wouldn't care about human politics, either. This heavy involvement of hopes and dreams for some political outcome is a primary mark of being outside the Covenant.

That does not keep us from seeing clearly what evil people are doing on any side of political warfare. The difficulty for us is to avoid getting sucked in by the lies of the people on the ground. In the USA, it's not hard to step back and see the manipulation of political aspirations. The population is being herded into a phony left versus right conflict. Worse, the whole thing is biased in favor of the left. The people on the right suffer under the delusion that their leadership really does believe in the conservative path. This is a lie. The people running the left as their cannon fodder are the same people deciding who gets to lead the right.

It so happens that the majority of the population is essentially conservative, so what we have is a foul betrayal operation. People on the right should realize that the entire system of government is against them. You and I can see that, but most of them do not, at least not fully. It's not so much the enforcers on the street level -- most of them are conservative being used -- but the folks running the show have marked the right as an enemy to be crushed.

I've said it before: The conservatives are not our people, but they do give us more room to operate according to the Covenant. The left are hostile to us without understanding why. But the right-wing is not our people. We can try to explain to them what's going on, but they will never understand our commitment to things not of this world. They've been conditioned to believe they think for themselves, but their leadership -- being actually on the left -- have taught them to think that our otherworldly focus is a betrayal of their conservative values. Thus, they seldom accept our warnings.

Even if the right makes some kind of political comeback in next year's elections, it will not do us any real good. The same agenda is hidden behind both sides of the American political divide. They don't understand the gospel, and so don't accurately oppose it. But they do assert an agenda that will hinder our message, and bind us to human laws opposed to the Covenant. What they claim is at stake is just a wild goose chase. Any relief a conservative resurgence brings us will be short-lived.

I suspect that most of us came to Covenant faith out of some kind of commitment to conservative ideals. It's hard to leave that behind; it's hard to let go of that old loyalty. I'm praying that we will not let ourselves remain captive to chasing after the wind the way they do. The only relief we will get is the one disaster they would all hate: something from the hand of God that clobbers the system for a while.

Yes, I'm saying that the tribulation and sorrow is to our advantage. That is, tribulation is to our advantage if we are focused on the gospel message. God breaking down the devices of men to weaken their power over us is a good thing. The bad guys own the Internet, and use it control everything. Our current use of it is temporary. Even if a big CME doesn't shut it down to some degree for a while, we will eventually be forced underground, as it were. It will become ever more burdensome to use the Net without being controlled and harassed. We need to be ready for alternative means of communication, but what that turns out to be will be determined by the context at the time it happens.

Pray that your dependence on the things of this world reduces enough that you can quickly and easily move to the next thing God prospers for us. What we have now is doomed. Somewhere down the road, it will be taken from us. It's just a tool for a certain job. But anytime God comes in His wrath against sin and sinners, it's always a blessing to His Covenant people. Stir up your faith; good things are headed our way.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Mike makes some good points here, though I don't know how strongly I agree with him as a whole.

Not really for me, but I can see how believers could be tempted to look for allies on the right. It's not easy going through life without that support.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Interesting link, Jay. My primary reaction is that all this "spiritual" activity is based on materialism and seeking every power possible to preserve the current level of material comfort. This is why we hammer the otherworldly viewpoint so much. As noted elsewhere, we embrace God's wrath on sin, but it may take a lot of wrath for a long time to shift the common orientation on this world.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Y'all have inspired me to hold a Wrath of God pep rally, right now, by myself...
Bricker Bracker, Firecracker
Swish, Boom, Bah
Wrath of God, Wrath of God
Rah Rah Rah.
  I welcome God's wrath so, why not. The Lord shakes the tree so we can gather fruit for Him.