New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blog Under Attack
My blog (radixfidem.blog) has started to receive trolling comments. Once that gets going, it's almost impossible to stop. For now, it appears to be one person, and I've reported them to their ISP. The ISP may not care. We'll see.

Other measures I might take would mean turning off comments on the blog. If the troll happens to be resourceful, this could get really nasty quickly. I'm not willing to shut down the blog just for one fool, but the truth is, a really angry fool can ruin everything you do on the Net, because it's just too easy for them to find you. And I've done precious little to hide myself.

I suppose I could revert to anonymous blogging and simply notify you folks individually by email where to find me. I would move the Bible lessons here, probably, but the message I have in general is increasingly for a wider audience. If this escalates, I'll have to come up with something different, though.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Okay, never mind. I'm letting the blog go silent. Comments are closed. The Bible lessons will be posted here, along with anything else I might have put on my blog in the past. Things are changing and it's hard to explain. My public persona will be largely withdrawn from the Net. This is a good time to start contacting me other ways if you really want to know what's going on. This forum has private messaging, I have several email addresses, and if you need my phone number you can get it one of those ways. We can text or talk. Ask questions.
What about starting up another wordpress.com site?

I was just looking at Twitter clones, particularly Ruqqus, because it was more geared towards long form content, like reddit. Buuuut, it's about to close: https://ruqqus.com/

There's also saidit.com and poal.co, but those might attract the wrong kind of attention, since you would be associated with the "wh1te supremacy" and alt-right crowd.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
No, I'm ready to try the static HTML stuff. It's far more secure and much easier to maintain, and lot simpler to code. I have come to hate the WordPress ecosystem.
Sorry it's come to that... but in any case, it didn't take God by surprise. We can certainly trust He knows what's around the corner and will see us through it.
Benjamin
Indeed, the Lord kept warning me the day was coming when we would have to approach our online communications differently. So that day is here and there are new blessings to discover.
I've been toying with at least making the index page of my blog static. I'd only have to update when I publish a new post. Maybe even the pages I can make static. Somewhat for the security, but mostly because of Wordpress inserting all sorts of ridiculous code everywhere. All I would want to keep is the js that feeds into the stats tracker...only one or two files. The rest is negligible.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Sometimes greater complexity is necessary, but sometimes it's needless. My experience with WordPress has taught me that they are definitely on the the latter path. Everything they do caters to people who make the world a worse place to live. I'm really glad I took the time to learn enough HTML5 come up with effective tools for communication without the unnecessary complications.