New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Already on the Decline
In case you haven't noticed, the economy is already on the decline. The term "economic collapse" should not conjure the image of something that suddenly halts everywhere at once. It's going to slowly break down in places, and in various sectors of economic activity. I've been praying a lot about what I might do to prepare given the resources at hand.

Yesterday, the Lord told me to go to Sam's and buy two boxes of printer paper. It's not like I had anything else I needed to do, so I went to Sam's just for that alone. The stuff we usually buy had gone up to $30 each for a big box of 5000 sheets. I didn't really want to spend that kind of money. But off to one side was this little section on the shelf with just a few boxes of another brand that was labeled "closeout." It was half-sized boxes of 2500 sheets at less than $9 each. I knew that's what I was looking for, so I grabbed two boxes.

I felt at peace about it when I got home and shoved them into a corner. With my new printer, I've been playing catch-up with stuff I revised and posted, but hadn't printed off my own copy yet. I wanted to wait until the Lord provided a more suitable printer. My wife's would have been taxed by that kind of high page count. The one I got with an donor's help the other day is just dandy for what I'm doing.

I'm trying to have a full set of Bible commentary on the shelf for when computer devices will be useless. I'm also collecting images that help to clarify the background of certain Bible passages. Sometimes it helps a great deal if you can form a mental image of the terrain for those events. For example, a good shot of Ebal and Gerizim standing near Jacob's Well, and where Sychar sits in relation to them, makes the story of the Woman at the Well come alive.There are lots of pictures not yet published in books, along with maps and so forth, that are worth saving. I've done a screen-grab from Google Earth in 3D mode of famous archaeological sites of the Bible a couple of times. All of this makes Bible teaching a lot better.

As always, do what your convictions tell you to do.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Wow!  How about that!?!   Praises to the Lord.  Oh, how He does love us and provide!

Am really excited about your printing adventure!  I have a lot that I want to print out while I can for my grandchildren to look at/read.  And photos/pictures as well....

God continue to lead and bless you, my dear Brother.

And, yes, the signs are all there becoming clearer and more noticeable as each day goes by.  I am grateful I have been able to add to my larder and supply depot over these last many months......
Nice thought on the woman at the well. Her life choices and mine have had some parallels. I have thought about the geography where her town was situated often. I knew there is meaning there. On The Chosen ( you probably know it , the crowd funded show about Jesus) there is an episode with Jesus and the woman, the episode begins with a flashback of Jacobs first moments digging the well. You can see the mountains in the distance. It all speaks wordlessly the wonder of it all.
Ed your commentary books on the Old Testament and the prophets bring to life Bible times for me. Your hard work is like a feast we get to share.
Thanks, Sister. It is very specifically my aim to make the Bible narrative come to life. Once you have been there for yourself, you can better discern what God requires of you. If I can just provide context, I don't have to interpret what it should mean to you.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
I did something like what you did with the printer paper, Ed, with the Spotify playlist I created (I post about it a few weeks). I felt the urge to do it, though it really has no practical impact that I know. The missions we get delivered to us a little loopy sometimes, but it's a pleasure to take part.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com