New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously?
I have come to realize that my wife was the one blessed by God and I was there as a challenge. She was one of the finer examples of Christian living and knew instinctively the right thing to do. As a result of her obedience she was blessed so much so that, the overflow from her cup soaked whoever was near. As is normal for people in the out group to desire entry into the in group, I wanted it bad and blessings have a way of bouncing around and I took that as God choosing me. My experiences of the last four months suggest the possibility.
You are the only one who could know what God was doing in your home, but here, you are a major blessing. We all wear multiple hats.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(06-11-2021, 07:02 AM)IainH Wrote: She was one of the finer examples of Christian living and knew instinctively the right thing to do. As a result of her obedience she was blessed so much so that, the overflow from her cup soaked whoever was near.

Would that we were all like that, in some way. I don't think I am at all. I'm rather boring, but maybe there's a good reason for that.

Enough about me, more about you, Iain. Enjoy being a "chosen one" in this context Smile
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Big Grin 
(06-13-2021, 05:52 PM)jaybreak Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 07:02 AM)IainH Wrote: She was one of the finer examples of Christian living and knew instinctively the right thing to do. As a result of her obedience she was blessed so much so that, the overflow from her cup soaked whoever was near.

Would that we were all like that, in some way. I don't think I am at all. I'm rather boring, but maybe there's a good reason for that.

Enough about me, more about you, Iain. Enjoy being a "chosen one" in this context Smile

Being a Yankee, you ought to know all about being a chosen one.... I'm sorry but, you split that turd. Walked right into without knowing.
My wife was known as a "fine Christian lady", she worked hard to be that way and I was her primary stumbling block but, I suppose she must have needed that. 
  I have been prone to fits of melancholy for most of my life from teenage to the present. I chose to post here, the things that ran through my mind during my most recent bout. I understand now that they are the result of gaslighting by mommy. I'm dysfunctional in the way I interpret several things. For example interpersonal relationships are difficult for me because trust and loyalty must be proven although, I tend to be gregarious and find it so, so easy to relate to people on a superficial level. 
   It might help if you picture me as a stubborn redneck being broken by God or as a stiff necked Hillbilly being pierced by the flaming sword. It's all for Him, even the low parts perhaps especially the low parts for we gain wisdom through adversity and suffering if, we "embrace the suck" as they say nowadays in the State's killing machine. 
  I'm married to God's work now although my vow to Michelle is eternal as far as I'm concerned. So, there is nothing to distract me. My intent going forward is to continue to "press toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus". Dang, the ol' KJV sings don't it.
  I've learned a lot about myself recently that I hadn't considered before and most of it was not nice. I don't particularly hate Satan, sin I hate not the guy doing his job. I do not treat him flippantly because he has power as a scourge on me according to the will of the Father. I liken it to tough love. 
  Reason, logic and will are important tools rather than an end in themselves. I abandoned mine some time back and now I'm ordered to pick them back up to use as "tools". 
  I was in a position where all I had to go on were my convictions, my accumulated knowledge over time. After 100 days of "no contact"* I drifted towards bizarro world in my thinking. It's taken nearly four months to figure out what He meant by, what amounted to,
 "I have given you all the tools you need" which, I can't really talk about until my scourging is...over, maybe?

*He was there but, the rich source was not. I do not how to adequately describe how it feels to be cut off so...that'll have to do.
(06-13-2021, 10:07 PM)IainH Wrote:

Being a Yankee, you ought to know all about being a chosen one.... I'm sorry but, you split that turd. Walked right into without knowing.

No offense taken. In my defense, I barely ever consider my Yankdom in these exchanges. Maybe that's a perk of being "chosen"? *imagine a shrug emoji here*
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
(06-17-2021, 09:34 AM)jaybreak Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 10:07 PM)IainH Wrote:

No offense taken. In my defense, I barely ever consider my Yankdom in these exchanges. Maybe that's a perk of being "chosen"? *imagine a shrug emoji here*

I wouldn't think so. Different culture. Besides, I'm just pickin'. It passes for humor in these parts.