New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Reporting live from the igloo that is Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (-23 here right now!), my name is Graham. I'm 23 years old, hold a B.A. degree in sociology, and currently work as a cashier at a grocery store (this is all reading rather depressing, which I suppose it is). Pardon the melancholy.

According to numerous takings of the Myers-Briggs personality test, I'm somewhere between an INFJ, INFP, and INTJ.

I enjoy reading and writing, my interests broadly including sociology, philosophy, and religion. I sometimes write poetry. I also enjoy going for night walks, deep conversations, emotional music, and casual/puzzle video games (Peggle, Bejeweled, Tetris, Plants vs. Zombies, to name a few).

I don't claim to belong to any theological tradition, but I believe I've benefited from Christian mystics and "academic" (having trouble thinking of the right word to use here) writers alike. Some of these writers have included: Augustine, G.K. Chesterton. A.W. Tozer, Thomas Merton, Peter L. Berger, and Peter Kreeft. 

Well, that's enough about me! I look forward to using this forum. Smile
Welcome, Graham. It's good to see you here.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Thanks for coming here, Graham.

Re: Christian writers...even though a lot of them come from a wholly Westernized intellectual pedigree, that doesn't mean we have to discount everything they say. Some of them have adopted the heart-led path (Chesterton seemed to be on the right tack, in my view), even though they hardly use the same terminology we may use here, and may struggle with expressing it since they have a different linguistic and philosophical toolkit. We can only read and pray about what we're taking in and see what insights we can glean.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com