New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fine Technology
My Beloved (Veloyce) has suffered one of those Win10 updates that wiped everything from her personal files, all her configurations, and some of the software she had installed. There are a lot of pictures gone forever. It appears most of her work documents and such were backed up on OneDrive, but she had it set to backup everything and it didn't. I'm not going to say Microsoft is evil, but they do make mistakes and this is where it shows up.

Update: She found the pictures. Whew! But it's still a mess with having to put everything back in place.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(10-29-2020, 08:10 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: My Beloved (Veloyce) has suffered one of those Win10 updates that wiped everything from her personal files, all her configurations, and some of the software she had installed. There are a lot of pictures gone forever. It appears most of her work documents and such were backed up on OneDrive, but she had it set to backup everything and it didn't. I'm not going to say Microsoft is evil, but they do make mistakes and this is where it shows up.

Update: She found the pictures. Whew! But it's still a mess with having to put everything back in place.

I so feel for you guys!  Good old technology is definitely a two-edged sword.  I am grateful for thumb drives for a lot of reasons!  One day, we wont need any of it.   Big Grin
Good show, ol' chap! I save everything on an external drive that's been going strong for over a decade. I eventually want to move to cloud-based as well, if I ever find the spare time.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com