New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having Fun Yet?
The cold front moved in, then a very wet pattern came from the SW over top of it. So we have had near constant precipitation and it fell onto freezing temperatures at ground level to make a lot of freezing rain. The trees across the street began dropping limbs in the street. I went out to move them several times. Our power has been out since this morning, right while we were baking biscuits. Big Grin  Breakfast became canned ham and crackers.

So I'm sitting here at Panera because they have power and wifi. The power isn't out all over town, but in a lot of spots. The rain should continue until sometime tomorrow, but the temps have already bottomed out, and once we get back above freezing we should be able to stay there for a while. So we got a thaw coming.

The Lord is good.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(10-27-2020, 11:43 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: The cold front moved in, then a very wet pattern came from the SW over top of it. So we have had near constant precipitation and it fell onto freezing temperatures at ground level to make a lot of freezing rain. The trees across the street began dropping limbs in the street. I went out to move them several times. Our power has been out since this morning, right while we were baking biscuits. Big Grin  Breakfast became canned ham and crackers.

So I'm sitting here at Panera because they have power and wifi. The power isn't out all over town, but in a lot of spots. The rain should continue until sometime tomorrow, but the temps have already bottomed out, and once we get back above freezing we should be able to stay there for a while. So we got a thaw coming.

The Lord is good.

Were there a lot of people at Panera in your similar situation?
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Not a lot, but there were a few. Just after I posted this thread, the wifi there went out and hasn't been back at any time since I've been back. We had to negotiate for a bigger broadband amount on our phones for tethering.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog