New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent
Not really but, today would be nice. I saw that Village Hardware of Blowing Rock is looking for help. I went up there and jabbered a spell with the owner and took home an application which, I will fill out and return tomorrow. For a guy like me, to actually work in a hardware store is a dream job. I love the hardware store. I could be an asset for them, I pray that they see that.
(05-28-2020, 03:32 PM)IainH Wrote: Not really but, today would be nice. I saw that Village Hardware of Blowing Rock is looking for help. I went up there and jabbered a spell with the owner and took home an application which, I will fill out and return tomorrow. For a guy like me, to actually work in a hardware store is a dream job. I love the hardware store. I could be an asset for them, I pray that they see that.

Oh yes, oh yes!  I LOVE our local hardware store, Hudson's.   If i can't get what I need there, then I obviously don't need it.  I have been trading with them since I moved to town in '93.

Please, please keep us posted.  I am so excited for you!   Big Grin

If they need a reference (even tho i am in kinda a far away part of the state), give em my name!!!!!

Love you, bro.  Prayers a'liftin!
Having access to a hardware store is going to be a good thing with what is coming.
Amen! May the Lord fulfill what He has placed in your heart.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(05-29-2020, 03:27 AM)IainH Wrote: Having access to a hardware store is going to be a good thing with what is coming.

Agreed. I've been visiting the three ones around here for the last few weeks for some random things. This week I was on staycation so I did a lot of small/odd things around the house. I'm not too handy but I was able to get a lot done, notably clearing out our root cellar (they're called "fruit cellars" in Pittsburghese) and turning it into a little pantry.

Btw, yes, let us know what happens with the hardware store gig. I did pray for you yesterday when this was posted, I just didn't reply because I got lazy.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
(05-29-2020, 08:47 AM)jaybreak Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 03:27 AM)IainH Wrote: Having access to a hardware store is going to be a good thing with what is coming.

Agreed. I've been visiting the three ones around here for the last few weeks for some random things. This week I was on staycation so I did a lot of small/odd things around the house. I'm not too handy but I was able to get a lot done, notably clearing out our root cellar (they're called "fruit cellars" in Pittsburghese) and turning it into a little pantry.

Btw, yes, let us know what happens with the hardware store gig. I did pray for you yesterday when this was posted, I just didn't reply because I got lazy.

"Fruit cellars" I like that. It reminded me of...HW playing hold on...it reminded me of how people pronounce chimney here..."chimley" or the real old timers would say "chimbley". Odd but, there it is.

Thanks for your prayers. It didn't work out. I told them that I would be there "in the morning" however, it was the day before Megan's graduation and she wanted to take her shopping and I didn't get there until the afternoon. They didn't think I was coming back so, they gave the job to another geezer. They did tell to call back in a week in case the feller don't work out. Maybe that was to make me feel better, I did invoke the name of "Chief Tolbert" my late father in law whose good name still means something to long time residents of the sleepy village of Blowing Rock.
(06-01-2020, 11:09 AM)IainH Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 08:47 AM)jaybreak Wrote:

"Fruit cellars" I like that. It reminded me of...HW playing hold on...it reminded me of how people pronounce chimney here..."chimley" or the real old timers would say "chimbley". Odd but, there it is.

Thanks for your prayers. It didn't work out. I told them that I would be there "in the morning" however, it was the day before Megan's graduation and she wanted to take her shopping and I didn't get there until the afternoon. They didn't think I was coming back so, they gave the job to another geezer. They did tell to call back in a week in case the feller don't work out. Maybe that was to make me feel better, I did invoke the name of "Chief Tolbert" my late father in law whose good name still means something to long time residents of the sleepy village of Blowing Rock.

That stinks. But I'd take that advice for sure and check up a week or so later on, maybe three weeks or more, too, since sometimes fellows might work until their first paycheck, then bail.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com