New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Situational Awareness
One thing that should concern us all during this time is crime. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night, nor pandemic will keep the junkie from their appointed fix and that includes crimes associated with their appointed fix. There are other criminals too, I've known several and while they all lacked education they didn't lack in animal cunning. Quarantines and shutdowns are just a challenge and the criminal element are very ingenious in finding ways around the law. Be vigilant, be aware of your surroundings at all times. Lock your doors and leave an outside light on. I used to sleep with my pistol in the night stand now I sleep with it under my pillow and I have stuff laying around my easily accessible windows like, boards with rusty 16d nails in them along with other stuff I call noisemakers. If someone tries breaking in our home at night they will make a racket and wake me up. Knowing what I do about the criminal mind, I believe they will move out of the towns and into the country where there are fewer patrolling cops. Break ins are not uncommon out in the county. We live on a dead end road which, one reformed thief told me he always avoided because he liked to have at least two routes of escape. He was a intelligent thief and was good at it until he got caught and sent to prison. He made the calculation in prison about how much he earned as a burglar and how much he would have earned if he had just done honest work and changed his ways. Now, he's a construction contractor. The druggies are the ones to worry about because they are stupid, desperate and easily moved to violence. Anyway,  I believe we will see a spike in property crimes very soon, if it hasn't already started. Desperate times make for desperate people. Be safe. I pray "Lord, keep my friends safe" for y'all every time the spirit say do. We've had some package thefts in our area recently. And, that was unheard of before cv.
This accords with my Military Police training. COVID-19 changes the tactics only, not the intentions of criminals. Take precautions and trust in the Lord.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog