New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoulder issue (minor)
I just got back from the ortho to get another shot in my tendonitic (?) shoulder, which was acting up the last week or so. He said he'd like to do surgery if the calcium doesn't dissolve. Something very minor but it would take a little recovery time.

My shoulder works fine normally...I was even able to do some one-armed pull ups he other day with no problem. But at rest it can be painful, and it can really screw up my sleep, which causes more stress, etc. A big chain reaction. Just asking for quick prayer that I can deal with whatever comes of this, without much hassle (or cursing!).
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Just out of curiousity, have you been to an experienced physical therapist?   I have had two surgeries on my left shoulder and although the torn muscles and tendons were repaired, i do on occasion have pain and tenderness.  With the right exercises and the use of St. John's wort oil rubbed in real well, i am able to keep myself very comfortable.  Just a thought.  I will lift you up and ask Father to guide you  and give the doctor the wisdom to help you find the best solution.  Take care!
They're pretty good with shoulders nowadays. When they did mine they ground the arthritis down with a surgical die grinder. A Dremel in a ziploc bag with a rubber band round it, no kidding I saw it on the tray just before I went under. I tried to make a smartalek remark that came out as "Some Blum bim too Home De..zzzzz"
Home Depot for surgical tools? Why not? I'm standing with you, Jay. As a group, we have a lot of experience with shoulder problems, Jay, but I'd hate for anyone to get the idea it comes with Radix Fidem. Big Grin
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
So I have calcific tendonitis, which is basically a small piece of calcium wedged deep near the joint, which irritates and inflames the tendons around it. It's literally a foreign body issue...no tears or trauma. The calcium usually dissolves over time but if it doesn't, the only way to remove is through (relatively) minor surgery: a small cut to go in and suck it out.

So...can't do much about it, really. I can technically live with it but there's the issue of muscle inbalance with the shoulder, which could lead to a different injury, so my concern is more for the future than anything. Not really worried...I know I'm taken care of.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
(03-23-2018, 05:27 AM)jaybreak Wrote: So I have calcific tendonitis, which is basically a small piece of calcium wedged deep near the joint, which irritates and inflames the tendons around it. It's literally a foreign body issue...no tears or trauma. The calcium usually dissolves over time but if it doesn't, the only way to remove is through (relatively) minor surgery: a small cut to go in and suck it out.

So...can't do much about it, really. I can technically live with it but there's the issue of muscle inbalance with the shoulder, which could lead to a different injury, so my concern is more for the future than anything. Not really worried...I know I'm taken care of.
If they can do it, get it done now bro, I was an idiot to allow problems to compound over years. Pushing on regardless left me with an arm I couldn't use. When I did get it done they had to fix several problems which, left me in a hell of lot of pain and four months of PT.