New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concussion
My short term memory is especially poor when it comes to routine activities like, taking medication. On Sunday evening, I took my BP medicine and shortly thereafter I took my BP medicine, having forgotten that I had just taken it already. I went outside to tinker on my motorcycle, I began to get light headed every time I went from a squat to standing but, it didn't dawn on me that I had double dosed my Prinivil. Anyway, I had went rooting around my junkyard looking for stuff to make a guard to cover my left boot, so as to make gear shifting possible with my bad foot.
  I had the hiccups and after they wouldn't stop, I decided to lean against the car and do the breath hold hiccup cure. I filled my lungs and started counting. The next thing I knew I was laying on the gravel with a busted head. I got up and tried to continue but felt nauseous and started puking so, I cleared my work area and went inside. There were other symptoms consistent with a concussion and I've had them before so, no Drs for me. Monday and Tuesday are my days off so, I have time to get over it. I will finish my bike piddling today if the good Lord wills it and the creek don't rise.
  I'm not sure what my request is, maybe

Me   "Lord, help me to quit being stupid" 

The LORD  "Sorry my child, they ain't no fixin' stupid"
Huh?   Your actions ain't stupid.   Careless maybe, but not stupid.  Put your freakin pills in one of those daily pill thingies with Sunday thru Saturday and then you know if you take your meds or not.  If I didnt do that, I would never be sure if I did or not.

So quit blaming your thinker and start being more careful.

That's my 2 cents worth. 

Love you, brother!    Smile
(10-01-2019, 12:26 PM)forrealone Wrote: Huh?   Your actions ain't stupid.   Careless maybe, but not stupid.  Put your freakin pills in one of those daily pill thingies with Sunday thru Saturday and then you know if you take your meds or not.  If I didnt do that, I would never be sure if I did or not.

That's my 2 cents worth. 

"Whoa! That smacks of effort, man"  an unnamed slacker in an early Simpsons episode (pre-1996 when it was still subversive and funny)
I have to use those pill dispensers for my supplements and meds, and still managed to forget them sometimes. But at least I don't overdose ever.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(10-01-2019, 06:29 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: I have to use those pill dispensers for my supplements and meds, and still managed to forget them sometimes. But at least I don't overdose ever.

True that!   

I learned that lil sayin from a youngin who came down from Asheville (in our mountains).  I liked it, so I added it my repertoire of sayings.

(10-01-2019, 05:14 PM)IainH Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 12:26 PM)forrealone Wrote: Huh?   Your actions ain't stupid.   Careless maybe, but not stupid.  Put your freakin pills in one of those daily pill thingies with Sunday thru Saturday and then you know if you take your meds or not.  If I didnt do that, I would never be sure if I did or not.

That's my 2 cents worth. 

"Whoa! That smacks of effort, man"  an unnamed slacker in an early Simpsons episode (pre-1996 when it was still subversive and funny)

No 'scuses, Mr. Iain!  As my eyes narrow looking over my bifocals (and my forehead gets stern looking) directly into your beady little eyes!
I bought my first pill case earlier this week when I got my meds. Can't wait to upgrade to one of those pro cases.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com