New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wife
We are in the emergency room at CMH in Lenoir, NC. My wife has liver and kidney failure and will be going to Baptist Hospital in Winston Salem, NC soon. Y'all know what to do.
Wow. That's not something that just goes away. We are praying.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Dear brother of ours, you know I/we will be lifting you and Michelle up to Father.

Dear Loving Father, we pray Your Love and Peace to radiate down on Iain and Michelle.  May You touch them in Your special Way and bless them with Your Comfort and Your Grace.  Guide all those who will be attending to them with Your Compassion, Your Wisdom and Loving Kindness.  We trust in You to do as You will.  We lift them up, Lord, in Jesus' Holy Name.  Amen
Fure*, we will pray for the situation. Please keep us updated when you can. We're not your first priority, obviously, but we all want to know the latest.

* "Fure" is my portmanteau for "for sure." Feel free to use it yourself.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
We're still waiting, so much for the greatest healthcare system in the world. What used to be speedy now moves at glacial speed. That's what happens when a monopoly is granted to insurance companies; healthcare by actuary. 
  I was talking to the young lady who works at the addictive substances store and she has no insurance through her job and the government approved marketplace is too expensive. The difference made by Bohamacare is those who can't afford insurance now have to pay a fine because they can't afford health insurance. 
  Patrick Henry was right.
Michelle is still at Forsyth Medical Center in Winston Salem, NC. Thou shouldest not grow weary with prayer. They "think" it might be a result of her diabetes. They leaves the matter of intestinal bleeding. They are going "up periscope" on her this morning (colonoscopy) to try to find the source of the leak. She wants to come home and we want Mama home too. No one is getting fussed at! How are we to know that we are bums who don't clean up after ourselves, if she's not here to berate us over our being sorry. 

"It's a shite state of affairs, Tommy" 
                                                                Mark Renton.
(09-28-2019, 02:55 AM)IainH Wrote: Michelle is still at Forsyth Medical Center in Winston Salem, NC. Thou shouldest not grow weary with prayer. They "think" it might be a result of her diabetes. They leaves the matter of intestinal bleeding. They are going "up periscope" on her this morning (colonoscopy) to try to find the source of the leak. She wants to come home and we want Mama home too. No one is getting fussed at! How are we to know that we are bums who don't clean up after ourselves, if she's not here to berate us over our being sorry. 

"It's a shite state of affairs, Tommy" 
                                                                Mark Renton.

Wow!   Am extremely grateful to get an update, Iain.  I/we have been praying daily for her and all of you.  I so sorry that she is still in the hospital.  It is not a good place to have to be.  Ever.  For any reason.  Know that you ALL are in my heart and in my prayers.
(09-28-2019, 08:55 AM)forrealone Wrote: I so sorry that she is still in the hospital.  It is not a good place to have to be.  Ever.  For any reason.

Yeah, hospitals do as much harm as good. We are praying things don't get any worse simply because of the exposure of being in that atmosphere.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Still praying for the situation, Iain. Smile
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
We got Michelle home at around 7:30PM on Saturday. How this thing progresses is entirely up to the patient which, gives me some time to prepare for the inevitable. None of her previous hospitalizations resulted in the lifestyle changes appropriate to her condition, in spite of her statements that "this time" things were gonna change. I pray, for the sake of our children, that she follows through with her promise "this time". Unlike everyone else who can take the positive view, I must consider all possibilities and plan accordingly. 
  She has fatty liver which, the Doctor thinks is a result of diabetes. She has a new fluid pill prescribed. Not being a medical professional, it appears to me to be a case of "try this and if it doesn't work we'll try a different medication" or what I liken to slinging different stuff at a wall until something sticks. Standard medical practice.