New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foot Dr Appointment
Again with the feet.
  I have a 3:45 appointment with the Foot speciologist (I like inventing words) today. I my MRI 10 days ago. I'm going straight after work so he can see it at it's worst and get an idea of what I have to deal with. According to my own research it is treatable without surgery, YIPPEE! He should be able to judge which treatment applies to me. So, my prayer is too be able to stay on my feet 8hrs a day. At the moment after 4 hrs I'm in severe pain and start looking at the clock and saying "alright, Mr Iain you can do 30 more minutes" after those 30, I say "Mr Iain buck up and gimme 15 minutes more", I repeat this until I reach "I cain't stand it no more!". Then I hobble out the door.
  "Lord , you know I love with all my heart, soul and strength. I know I ain't the most well behaved of your young'uns but, You love me regardless and I appreciate that a whole bunch. Sometimes Your Love overwhelms me because...I don't know you're just an awesome dude and I ain't. Every once in while you gift me the ability to take the pain of others and that is well appreciated by those fortunate few. I ain't gonna ask for nothing because I'd rather be in pain and see You Glorified than for me to be healed and quickly forget where my healing came from. Lord, I ask you to bless my family, friends and my brothers and sisters in the Lord. I pray for those amongst these good folks whose heart ain't quite there yet, that they do get there. I'll do whatever you need to help. I thank you most sincerely and with all my heart. Thank you Jesus, Amen".
(08-28-2019, 08:48 AM)IainH Wrote: Again with the feet.
  I have a 3:45 appointment with the Foot speciologist (I like inventing words) today. I my MRI 10 days ago. I'm going straight after work so he can see it at it's worst and get an idea of what I have to deal with. According to my own research it is treatable without surgery, YIPPEE! He should be able to judge which treatment applies to me. So, my prayer is too be able to stay on my feet 8hrs a day. At the moment after 4 hrs I'm in severe pain and start looking at the clock and saying "alright, Mr Iain you can do 30 more minutes" after those 30, I say "Mr Iain buck up and gimme 15 minutes more", I repeat this until I reach "I cain't stand it no more!". Then I hobble out the door.
  "Lord , you know I love with all my heart, soul and strength. I know I ain't the most well behaved of your young'uns but, You love me regardless and I appreciate that a whole bunch. Sometimes Your Love overwhelms me because...I don't know you're just an awesome dude and I ain't. Every once in while you gift me the ability to take the pain of others and that is well appreciated by those fortunate few. I ain't gonna ask for nothing because I'd rather be in pain and see You Glorified than for me to be healed and quickly forget where my healing came from. Lord, I ask you to bless my family, friends and my brothers and sisters in the Lord. I pray for those amongst these good folks whose heart ain't quite there yet, that they do get there. I'll do whatever you need to help. I thank you most sincerely and with all my heart. Thank you Jesus, Amen".

Awww.   I will definitely be thinking of you this afternoon and pray our Lord bless this doctor with His wisdom to help resolve your foot problems!   And, yes, we ARE all sinners.  Ain't it great great how He loves us all anyway. 

Sweet, Jesus, be with our brother, Iain.  Bless his doctor with wisdom and compassion.  Guide this appointment with Your Loving Grace and may You bless Iain in a special way on this day!

Love you, brother!
The eloquence of you two leaves me with: "Me, too, Lord!"
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Thanks for y'all's prayers and consideration. The Dr told me my gout "treatment" of wrapping my foot and working the joint by trying to step normally was the worst possible thing I could do because my MRI showed my problem is arthritis and that my actions were making it much worse very quickly. I didn't know no better and was acting on what little information I had. The wheels of medicine move slow, thanks a lot Bohamacare (the added bureaucracy of Ob'acare). So today I picked up a "hard boot" like they use for busted ankles and whatnot. I named it Neil and my hard shoe Herman. The boot reminds of an astronaut's and the shoe, Herman Munster. I'll be using them at work today for the first time. It ought to be interesting.
Arthritis? Gosh, I really don't know nuthin' about that (sarcasm).

Herman I can understand, with the elevation sole to make your legs match length. And you named the boot Neil because you can't kneel in it normally?
(08-31-2019, 06:57 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Arthritis? Gosh, I really don't know nuthin' about that (sarcasm).

Herman I can understand, with the elevation sole to make your legs match length. And you named the boot Neil because you can't kneel in it normally?

Neil Armstrong, Apollo happened when I was at that age where a kid gets fixated on one favorite thing. With my son it was Spiderman, he had shirts, shoes, comforters, towels, toothbrushes, cups etc. My brother and I built a lunar lander in the basement out of cardboard boxes.
I can recall when my school art class in Alaska was filled with pictures of the space capsules and early landing modules, fanciful renderings of photos from the moon, etc. The word "obsession" seems to come up short.
(08-31-2019, 10:34 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: I can recall when my school art class in Alaska was filled with pictures of the space capsules and early landing modules, fanciful renderings of photos from the moon, etc. The word "obsession" seems to come up short.

This was all before my time.

My big space memory was the Challenger explosion. I think I was in 3rd grade when it happened. Not very positive, is it?
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com