New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Millerite Impulse
First, I must confess I was briefly duped myself. While maintaining a certain amount of doubt, I was hoping. Eventually I saw enough to turn away.

Consider this link to a safe archive viewing of a particular webpage. There you can read how the Q stuff turns out to be another example of false End Times zeal. The author compares it with the Millerite deception, and does a good job of showing the similarities. A similar copy of the original "Q" homepage is here. You can find more information at ZeroHedge. I don't agree with all the details there, but it's not too bad for a review.

It was over a period of some years that I shed the false enthusiasm of the Millerite delusions. I think I know when it began -- I spotted a book in a dump bin at a Christian bookstore that went out of business a short time later. I didn't have the money on hand or I would have bought it that day, and when I got the money, I went back and the store was going out of business. The book was gone. It was one of several books you could find today that debunks Dispensationalism. That was during the mid-1980s. The peak of my research into the topic was twenty years later.

There were plenty of other people running along that dead-end Dispensationalist path, but I would agree with the author of that first page that the Millerites were easily one of the strongest influences on the whole thing.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Do you remember the title of the book?
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
No; that was too many years and too many books. All I recall is something along the lines of "the Rapture deception" as part of the wording on the cover. It was a thin paperback volume, and I recall a lot of red on the cover.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog