New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vision: A Lecture Series
I was dozing, but it was plain as day.  I had a vision of myself on an outdoor stage with a substantial number of folks in the stands. I was teaching Radix Fidem. It reminded me of the old crusade revival meetings, but the content was nothing like those. There was no band or singers, just little old me and some visual aids.

Granted, I would love nothing more than traveling across the country sharing my faith, but this kind of thing requires sponsorship and someone managing the tour (dates and venues). And then I'd have to outline the curriculum of what I would cover, depending on the number of sessions and length.

It's probably just wishful thinking from somewhere inside of me, but it scared me awake.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
I had something like this a few weeks ago, though I was awake and a little tired, which may have played into it. I had realized (or "reveleated"? "Realized" is kind of too weak of a word) that death is an adventure with some great, unimaginable wonders on the other side. I really felt this revelation for a few brief seconds, but it was very powerful.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Our culture says that nothing useful takes place outside the full control of reason and intellect. I dare say most Western Christians have missed out on a lot divine revelation and communion by adhering to that mythology. God speaks through the few gaps we leave Him.
I'll be your manager. I would be very good at it too. You wouldn't have to do anything except show up, I'll take care of everything so you can devote yourself to the message. 100% Loyalty guaranteed.
I can envision this all now!   If I were a single lass, I would be the one driving the RV and doing all the cooking!  Ha ha   And, yes, I am a good cook if I do say so myself.
Y'all make me chuckle. Look, I took this as just a prompt to work on an outline of how I might present things. That series gave me a chance to sharpen the clarity of how I teach that stuff. Now I need to come up with a curriculum that would outline the shortest path to understanding our stuff. Hmmmm. Slides? I have to think about that.....
(05-05-2019, 04:49 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Y'all make me chuckle. Look, I took this as just a prompt to work on an outline of how I might present things. That series gave me a chance to sharpen the clarity of how I teach that stuff. Now I need to come up with a curriculum that would outline the shortest path to understanding our stuff. Hmmmm. Slides? I have to think about that.....

Curriculum...that smacks of effort maann. Can't you like give me D. Like I was up all night playing Far Cry 4 and I like need my zzz's dude.
Fortunately, you already know this stuff. We'll wake you when it's time for action.
(05-06-2019, 02:46 PM)IainH Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 04:49 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Y'all make me chuckle. Look, I took this as just a prompt to work on an outline of how I might present things. That series gave me a chance to sharpen the clarity of how I teach that stuff. Now I need to come up with a curriculum that would outline the shortest path to understanding our stuff. Hmmmm. Slides? I have to think about that.....

Curriculum...that smacks of effort maann. Can't you like give me D. Like I was up all night playing Far Cry 4 and I like need my zzz's dude.

Iain's the stoner in the back of the class who participates mostly in giggles, but is secretly a math whizz. Let's give him space to grow (and get his act together) so he can graduate with a passing grade Wink

Iain - I've never played any FC game, but I know they are good. Have you played 1-3?
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com