New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoppy Easter!
It's a bad title, I know. That was intentional.

We don't necessarily do official holidays here at Radix Fidem; they are entirely subjective. That doesn't mean we can't celebrate something when we want.

Below is an interesting hymn someone from work showed me. It's not necessarily resurrection-oriented, but still timely. Lyrics are below, too.

Here is an old blog post of mine with a true Easter song, but consider this a warning Smile

Today He who hung the earth upon the waters is hung on the tree,
The King of the angels is decked with a crown of thorns.
He who wraps the heavens in clouds is wrapped in the purple of mockery.
He who freed Adam in the Jordan is slapped on the face.
The Bridegroom of the Church is affixed to the Cross with nails.
The Son of the virgin is pierced by a spear.
We worship Thy passion, O Christ.
Show us also Thy glorious resurrection.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
I don't struggle separating between Resurrection Sunday and our Western cultural holiday. And I'm not irritated by the traditional Medieval greeting of "He is risen!" and the standard response of "He is risen, indeed." It happens to be appropriate. But we know we live in a pagan world, so we take Easter Bunny stuff for granted.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(04-21-2019, 08:19 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: I don't struggle separating between Resurrection Sunday and our Western cultural holiday. And I'm not irritated by the traditional Medieval greeting of "He is risen!" and the standard response of "He is risen, indeed." It happens to be appropriate. But we know we live in a pagan world, so we take Easter Bunny stuff for granted.

Agreed. I just don't prefer or understand wasting so much energy convincing other believers that they need to follow certain traditions. Tradition without conviction isn't a damn thing; we've been given the freedom to follow our path, so lets let others follow theirs. One of the best situations we can hope for is others doing the same for us.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com