New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default theme changed
I changed the default theme to the myBB default. There were some issues I was noticing in the tawny theme (the previous default) on some admin functions. So I decided the switch back to the Default theme since everything seems to work as expected there.

You can still switch the theme to tawny or Flatty. I explain it here.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
I like the default better. A lot easier on my "aging" eyes! Thanks Jay
I aim to please!
I didn't at first, now I do. I'm the guy who, when they remodel at the supermarket, Walmart or whatever, grumbles about the changes, telling the staff "dadgummit, I can't find nothing when y'all do this!" Then the poor dears look crestfallen and I tell them " I'm sorry, I know it ain't your fault it comes from corporate, crap flows downhill don't it", then I cheer them up with something because I feel bad about being an ass.
So, Jay, consider yourself scolded, made up with and all is right with the world.
It really does look better. I could ask my daughter but, she would give me one of those weird teenage girl answers like "yeah, like it really looks good but,,,,it's not because like everyone is doing like you know whatever".
" Ohhkay then.....mmmm....have you seen my Philips screwdriver?"
Iain, I seriously love your replies. Don't ever change, unless you need to change something really bad. Smile
(02-27-2018, 09:23 PM)jaybreak Wrote: Iain, I seriously love your replies. Don't ever change, unless you need to change something really bad. Smile
Thanks Jay, like the man said "don't take yourself too seriously". Paul in 1st Timmy and Titus (KJV) uses the terms grave and sober, very many folks take these 17th century English words far too literally in a 21st century context. My examination of the original Greek words would mean honorable and circumspect in today's language which, gives them a rather different essence. In my case, I was never more miserable than when I was trying to be "grave & sober", I gave up trying oh..twenty years ago.
I've grown rather fond of you Jay, you're laboring in the vineyard and growing some sweet grapes. May our Lord bless you with big ol' gobs of good stuff, KOKO* Brother.

* KOKO = Keep On Keeping On; my Grandma's words of encouragement.
"I've grown rather fond of you Jay, you're laboring in the vineyard and growing some sweet grapes. May our Lord bless you with big ol' gobs of good stuff"

I'll second that, along with Jay's commendations on you, Iain. It's been along dry spell in my life without fellowmen driven by God.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(02-28-2018, 11:02 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: "I've grown rather fond of you Jay, you're laboring in the vineyard and growing some sweet grapes. May our Lord bless you with big ol' gobs of good stuff"

I'll second that, along with Jay's commendations on you, Iain. It's been along dry spell in my life without fellowmen driven by God.
Forecast calls for heavy rain. I like rain with exception of freezing rain although, it's quite beautiful when the sun shines and it makes the trees look like they're encased in crystal.
(02-28-2018, 11:02 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: "I've grown rather fond of you Jay, you're laboring in the vineyard and growing some sweet grapes. May our Lord bless you with big ol' gobs of good stuff"

Well, i am definitely not a "fellowmen", and have no desire to be (tee hee) but i am grateful to be part of this family!
Dear Sister, I'm betting you won't be surprised to learn that I've always had female associates in my life who shared my convictions. It's the menfolk who were missing. Jesus and the disciples ran into this throughout the New Testament. Women and men share a lot of things in our fallen human nature, but women and men do not handle religion the same way.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog