New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: The aforementioned Heap.
I'm working on Buttercup, we're blessed with good weather through Monday. I'm not doing anything to the bike itself today. I'm making a DIY motorcycle lift using 2 scissor jacks, that's the kind you find underneath the carpet in the trunk of your car. I have taken those and cut wood blocks that I connected angle brackets to, that keeps the blocks in place under the mc frame. On the other side, I used screws to keep the blocks in place on the jacks. Next, I'm gonna take a look around my junkyard and find something useful as a front wheel chock which, will keep the bike from falling over and squishin' me. That would kinda defeat the purpose of having a motorsickle in the first place. 
 I was gonna ask for prayer for good weather for messin' with this thang in my last post. I guess I got it without axtin'.
The Lord can anticipate needs when it suits His glory.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(03-29-2019, 01:52 PM)IainH Wrote: I'm working on Buttercup, we're blessed with good weather through Monday. I'm not doing anything to the bike itself today. I'm making a DIY motorcycle lift using 2 scissor jacks, that's the kind you find underneath the carpet in the trunk of your car. I have taken those and cut wood blocks that I connected angle brackets to, that keeps the blocks in place under the mc frame. On the other side, I used screws to keep the blocks in place on the jacks. Next, I'm gonna take a look around my junkyard and find something useful as a front wheel chock which, will keep the bike from falling over and squishin' me. That would kinda defeat the purpose of having a motorsickle in the first place. 
 I was gonna ask for prayer for good weather for messin' with this thang in my last post. I guess I got it without axtin'.

Creation responds to our convictions, much like people. Good luck wrenchin' (is that a term?).
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
(03-29-2019, 03:55 PM)jaybreak Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 01:52 PM)IainH Wrote: I'm working on Buttercup, we're blessed with good weather through Monday. I'm not doing anything to the bike itself today. I'm making a DIY motorcycle lift using 2 scissor jacks, that's the kind you find underneath the carpet in the trunk of your car. I have taken those and cut wood blocks that I connected angle brackets to, that keeps the blocks in place under the mc frame. On the other side, I used screws to keep the blocks in place on the jacks. Next, I'm gonna take a look around my junkyard and find something useful as a front wheel chock which, will keep the bike from falling over and squishin' me. That would kinda defeat the purpose of having a motorsickle in the first place. 

Creation responds to our convictions, much like people. Good luck wrenchin' (is that a term?).
Yes to Ed, and also to you JJ wrenchin' is THE term for OG gearheads. Busted knuckle scars and no sissified latex gloves either. Gearhead was the term for hot rodders long before the PC was even imagined, well that English guy.....Alan Turing might have.
 Brake Parts Cleaner is the best hand degreaser there is, better than kerosene or paint thinner. Caution. Use BPC to get the grease and crud off then immediately wash with soap and water after that lotion. It's not recommended on the can but, what do they know. If you have someone in the house willing to help, they can put a teaspoon of sugar in the palm of your hand then a liberal squirt of dishwashing detergent.