New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirry Orienta ris morrin'
I just had to start reading in Wikipedia about the Honda Super Cub, as lite entertainment while drinking my coffee. This has caused a wacky Oriental gentleman to appear. I cahrot hep my serf, everyhing that come out mouth sound like an oad Oriental sing songy gorren age Horrywood movie. Prease pray 4 my famry. It funny to me, not everyborry  elllls.
Bressing on this Day firs week. Rord be bress and praise, YAY! Jeerus! 
PS. I think Mr Scirochi Takamura, have har time saying Jeerus, Aramaic name. "Yes, okey dokey, I try one mor time. Yahsha., that good it get". I will be on this a while, it some kinda wiring issue although I fail to see why this is a problem.

Finally, once upon time, the preceding was called humor, today it is a social taboo, nearly as bad as saying n!@@€R. While true, it is nonetheless absurd and if pressured I will crank it up rather than cower in fear of Stalinists.
You need stronger coffee, Iain.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(03-24-2019, 08:22 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: You need stronger coffee, Iain.

That got me good berry raff, Sensei. Thank you.
In the last book I wrote, I felt weird writing "Chinaman" and "Mohammedan" because those are outdated labels that impart varying degrees of offense. The time period the story takes place in, those terms have everyday usage, so the characters would say those things like it was normal (because it was). I've read a few modern "historical" fiction novels where the open minded folks are the protagonists who (big surprise) would fit right in place in 21st century American and have to correct the mean and grumpy racist antagonist. Modern writers are really arrogant in that regard: they don't think that any other view of word choice morality is acceptable except theirs, so any "good" person you would find in history would think and talk just like us.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
(03-24-2019, 12:19 PM)jaybreak Wrote: In the last book I wrote, I felt weird writing "Chinaman" and "Mohammedan" because those are outdated labels that impart varying degrees of offense. The time period the story takes place in, those terms have everyday usage, so the characters would say those things like it was normal (because it was). I've read a few modern "historical" fiction novels where the open minded folks are the protagonists who (big surprise) would fit right in place in 21st century American and have to correct the mean and grumpy racist antagonist. Modern writers are really arrogant in that regard: they don't think that any other view of word choice morality is acceptable except theirs, so any "good" person you would find in history would think and talk just like us.

That is the biggest hunk of hubris in Western Civilization. 
    I would like to transport the leaders of American Political Correctness back in time, to Europe in the middle of the 13th century and with a box of mini Nilla wafers and a glass of milk, sit back in my stealth pod and watch as they are tried as witches. Imagine snowflake trial by ordeal.