New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stepfather and Parkinson's
He's a decent guy and I call "Dad." His name is Doug and I performed their wedding. They are going to try stem-cell treatment for his brain to see if it helps any. I believe they are doing this in Mexico, since they live so close to the border, and Mexico is a whole lot cheaper.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(03-18-2019, 01:48 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: He's a decent guy and I call "Dad." His name is Doug and I performed their wedding. They are going to try stem-cell treatment for his brain to see if it helps any. I believe they are doing this in Mexico, since they live so close to the border, and Mexico is a whole lot cheaper.

Yeah you got it, I've seen Parkinson's in a family member, it ain't pretty. That was many years ago, it was scary to a kid, to see the old man who taught me fly fishing in that condition. It's the same with anyone we love going down. I hear they can do a lot more these days to help a person's quality of life. He goes on my fervent list until the trees pick up on it, I have trees that are my prayer partners. Some would think that's crazy but out of all creation a stand of old hardwoods will pray and praise better than any church. When I'm with them they ain't but one sinner, me.
I, too, will pray for him, Ed.  May the Lord's will be done, may he and his family find His peace and lean on Him who loves us so.
(03-18-2019, 01:48 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: He's a decent guy and I call "Dad." His name is Doug and I performed their wedding. They are going to try stem-cell treatment for his brain to see if it helps any. I believe they are doing this in Mexico, since they live so close to the border, and Mexico is a whole lot cheaper.

Stem cells can do wonderful things, I've heard, but a lot of their effects, good or bad, aren't completely known. As far as I know...things could've changed by now.

Will pray for the situation.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com