New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theft
My wife handles my prescription painkillers for me. Each morning,  she puts my daily dosage into a pill bottle on top of the microwave. This unburdens me of the temptation to take an extra dose whenever the pain is at its worst. This has worked well for 17 years, until last Friday, when as best as we can piece it together, a patient in x-ray, which is where my wife leaves her pocket book, helped themselves to 81 of them. Apparently, they were laying on top in plain sight. I recreated it at home with my BP mess, it took 5 seconds took take, open, dump, close and return. To take the bottle would have been noticed quickly, which suggests someone who has done this before. One of these small pills has a street value of $30. The matter has been reported and pending an investigation, in the meantime I have enough for 7 days. Then 16 days until the prescription can be refilled. The government's drug prohibition policy requires continuous cycles of hysteria to sustain itself. Fear is it's weapon. Corruption is it's life blood and that does exponentially more harm than people who want to get high.
   The latest big bad wolf is prescription medication. People with genuine need are those most harmed. With the latest "guidelines" in place in NC, I doubt that my medication which was stolen will be replaced and I will be forced to suffer first withdrawal then rendered mostly immobile until April 5th. So if I fall off the face of the earth from March 21 until April 5th, you know why. There is nothing on earth that I despise more than the type of damn thief low enough to steal someone's medicine. Pray as led, please.
I totally understand.  My husband has been on prescription painkillers since 2008.  With the residual damage to his body from 16 surgeries, an abdominal wall incision hernia the size of a child's football (which has since become irreparable ) and  several cancers, he is in agony 24/7.   With the NC laws as they are, he can no longer take 3-4 a day because UNC won't prescribe that many at a time.   If his should get stolen,  i can't imagine how he would manage.  I feel for you, my friend.  Lawmakers and the average person have NO idea the horrific situation folks who suffer from intense chronic pain are facing.  Nor,  I think, do they care.

Over the years, i have created a balm made from several different plant extracts, including frankincense resin extract and wintergreen plus several others to apply topically to those areas that flare up from my fibromyalgia.  I just made a big batch that I would be more than glad to share with you.   It actually helps.  Let me know
(03-14-2019, 05:21 AM)forrealone Wrote: I totally understand.  My husband has been on prescription painkillers since 2008.  With the residual damage to his body from 16 surgeries, an abdominal wall incision hernia the size of a child's football (which has since become irreparable ) and  several cancers, he is in agony 24/7.   With the NC laws as they are, he can no longer take 3-4 a day because UNC won't prescribe that many at a time.   If his should get stolen,  i can't imagine how he would manage.  I feel for you, my friend.  Lawmakers and the average person have NO idea the horrific situation folks who suffer from intense chronic pain are facing.  Nor,  I think, do they care.

Over the years, i have created a balm made from several different plant extracts, including frankincense resin extract and wintergreen plus several others to apply topically to those areas that flare up from my fibromyalgia.  I just made a big batch that I would be more than glad to share with you.   It actually helps.  Let me know
Does it neutralize the effects of opiate withdrawal?
(03-14-2019, 11:18 AM)IainH Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 05:21 AM)forrealone Wrote: I totally understand.  My husband has been on prescription painkillers since 2008.  With the residual damage to his body from 16 surgeries, an abdominal wall incision hernia the size of a child's football (which has since become irreparable ) and  several cancers, he is in agony 24/7.   With the NC laws as they are, he can no longer take 3-4 a day because UNC won't prescribe that many at a time.   If his should get stolen,  i can't imagine how he would manage.  I feel for you, my friend.  Lawmakers and the average person have NO idea the horrific situation folks who suffer from intense chronic pain are facing.  Nor,  I think, do they care.

Does it neutralize the effects of opiate withdrawal?

Hmmmm.......   First, only take 1/2 pill  at a time and put off taking the next half for as long as you can.  

The three extracts I think would help are ginger root, valerian root and frankincense tincture.   You want the entire goodness from the plants, not distilled stuff. 
You can make tea by slicing ginger root in steeping water for a couple of hours. Ginger helps keep the stomach calm, relieves nausea and etc.  Then just sip on it with a little honey if it is too strong.  About a quart of water and 10 1/4" slices of fresh ginger.....

There has to be some natural herb farms/markets up your way.  I know Red Moon Herbs is in Asheville; a bit out of the way for you.  There's Gaia Farms in Brevard (to find real valerian natural products).

I can send you frankincense tincture and extract.  You put tincture drops in water and extract oil on your chest.  Frankincense CALMS the body and the mind.  I get mine from a guy in Canada who actually travels to Africa and the Near Eastern countries and gathers the Frankincense resin with native women in their villages.  Eliminates the middle man.

The balm I was referring to is great for body pains........    Hence, why I do not need to take pills for my pain.  Plus I am a nut on putting tinctures into my water every night.

Ok, end of my ramble.

Just let me know if/what I can do for you cuz I will.....  PM me if you prefer.....
There's a few in Boone. It's like a miniature San Francisco of the East. They even have Vegan restaurants and a full spectrum of SJWs.
(03-14-2019, 07:46 PM)IainH Wrote: There's a few in Boone. It's like a miniature San Francisco of the East. They even have Vegan restaurants and a full spectrum of SJWs.

Well, if there is anything I can do, let me know.  I have some things here and would be glad to give you some of my Frankincense tincture......  I also have some of the actual resin of several varieties of the tree from different countries he traveled to.  It has a wonderful aroma when burned on incense charcoal or burner.  And, it is REAL, well, you know what I mean.  Frankincense, as you know, has been around since the beginning.  I use it for many different purposes, primarily health related...
(03-14-2019, 08:29 PM)forrealone Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 07:46 PM)IainH Wrote: There's a few in Boone. It's like a miniature San Francisco of the East. They even have Vegan restaurants and a full spectrum of SJWs.

Well, if there is anything I can do, let me know.  I have some things here and would be glad to give you some of my Frankincense tincture......  I also have some of the actual resin of several varieties of the tree from different countries he traveled to.  It has a wonderful aroma when burned on incense charcoal or burner.  And, it is REAL, well, you know what I mean.  Frankincense, as you know, has been around since the beginning.  I use it for many different purposes, primarily health related...

I inherited from my Dad well, one of my bookshelves full of what I always said to him were his "bark & twigs" books. He was into that kinda stuff. I've gone through some of them specifically seeking natural anti-inflammatory things. I went to the local herbalist store and bought 4 bottles of plant extracts. Oh boy, they gave me heartburn attacks. I took Zantac for years, recently I got a prescription for Prilosec which I've been taking for about a week.  Today is the first day that I haven't had to take Zantac as well so, I'm going to give those supplements another try. I think I take each one a few hours apart and maybe I will be able to stomach them. All musculoskeletal problems are linked to inflammation.  With me it's bad discs and spurs. As to PK's weaning takes months, cold Turkey while painful the physical effects ease up beginning on day 5 after that it gets easier. But, without something to block the pain of sciatica and continuous funny bone whop type pain that radiates from my neck down both arms I'm pretty much condemned to taking painkillers, I've never had much of a liking to the buzz of PK's but, because I have tolerance, I don't get anything but, pain relief from them. If it was legal I would vape herb. I did during the 2014 season at BRCC and had cut down by half when the season ended in September. For $30/bottle they have a tcb vape liquid. I signed up for a medical trial testing tcb but, I didn't make the cut. TCB oil is legal in NC, I just haven't gotten around to it.  The testimonials were positive but, that doesn't mean much. They do come in capsule form now. The research I read from Canada sounds promising. So, we'll see.
Just so you know, whenever one wants to use plants for well-being or health problems, it is critical that it be as close to the original plant as possible.  A lot of folks "dress it down" or process it incorrectly and a lot of the healing properties are lost.  Where and from whom these products are acquired is also critical because some folks are in it for the money and probably are in the "don't do it right" group.  Others are so knowledgeable and experienced in using plants that they would not think of exploiting either the plant or a person and they know how to properly utilize/process the plant for its most beneficial properties.

That being said, I encourage you to read what you can especially from folks back in the day when exploitation was not an issue.  Again, if you have any questions or need any other kind of help, let me know.
Issue resolved, after official review, it was determined that an X ray patient could have spotted them and swiped them, leaving the prescription bottle to avoid immediate capture. It was a busy day in X ray with regular patients and urgent care so, it's likely the perp will remain free to continue to steal. Motivation we think was financial. Anyway, the loss was restoredrestored. Junkies, will frequently lie about losing meds in order to get more. What they don't know is Drs offices hear that, all the time. This was why I was concerned as to whether the theevd meds would be made whole. NC law regarding the writing of pre pk's has not changed. The guidelines issued to Dr's wishing to remain Dr's has tightened the procedure. It's harder for new chronic pain endurers to get the meds necessary to live a normal life. The pain levels of existing chronic pain endurers has been forcibly raised from 5 to 7. Continuously, yet again active, productive, honest and law abiding citizens are being punished for the actions of the criminal few, for ENTIRELY POLITICAL CONSIDERATIONS!. This, my friends, is the real NC. A bunch of knee jerk absolutists, who are never affected by their self serving actions. A NC politician, remember John Edwards, ranks as a particularly low, slimy, lying, vile subhuman virus among a class of scuzz beings.
So, does that mean your meds were replaced?