New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staying the course
The trials keep stacking up. I don't have a problem with that because I know in my heart these things will lead to a stronger man for the final mission that lies ahead. I trust fully in my Father to guide me through so, to me it's a Very Good Thing.
  The people* that surround me do not see the bigger picture and exert pressure on me to yield to their shallow vision which ends at the tip of their noses. There are openings at places that most regular folks in these parts consider good secure employment with decent pay and excellent benefit packages. 
  Last fall, I caved and went to a bucks and benefits job, it didn't end well.
  I know God needs me to work where I can be used to touch the lives of those I'm supposed to be aimed at. If I didn't have car trouble, I would have to chase these "good" jobs and God forbid, actually get hired!
  If I tried to explain my calling to these people, I would be deemed nuts. I will go through the motions to please these folks who don't get it, to keep them off my back while I wait for the Lord to open a door for me to step through.
Finally, I do not give a mouses donkey for worldly gain, for such is less than zip, zero, nada compared to the Glory of God. To take temporary gain, merely for a softer life and to neglect eternity, now that is NUTS!

* Primarily; my wife & son but, there are peripheral persons who directly or indirectly through my wife & son try to "help" These are not bad people, they believe they are trying to help but, in truth they are impediments.
I can relate. While I face less pressure, I know about all those jobs that are contrary to my mission, even among those I can physically do. I'll stand with you on this.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Well, just so you know, Iain, I definitely feel your spirit and heart all the way down here to the Piedmont!   You are like a breath of fresh air and bring many a smile to my heart!  It is a blessing to me to have you as my brother!
(02-10-2019, 02:06 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: I can relate. While I face less pressure, I know about all those jobs that are contrary to my mission, even among those I can physically do. I'll stand with you on this.

Brother, I appreciate you more than words. This holds for the rest of our Gang of Four. Just knowing, that there are people, separated by distance but, near in heart who believe in the mission, gives me strength. Alone against the tectonic plates of man centered organized religion, I'd likely throw in the towel and become a hermit. With mutual support we can be the pioneers who blaze the trail that others will follow. I doubt we'll live long enough to see it but, that doesn't bother me. We do what we do for the greater Glory of God, one day we will meet the generations that followed what God has begun in us. Amen!