New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He "can't live like this"
Disregarding the behavior, I truly need your prayers for my husband.  He has recently begun experiencing a new health challenge related to his ostomy last year.  I won't go into details; it would be too gross. The simplest way to put it is that he started having accidents.  Suffice it to say, it is terribly embarrassing for him.  He is starting to sleep most of the time.  All afternoon napping, up for supper, back to sleep off and on until early AM.  Then, a couple hours later, he is in his easy chair all bundled up and sleeping for a few more hours.

No doubt he is terribly discouraged and depressed about all of this.  He feels very ashamed.  He continuously says he can't "live like this".   I try very hard to encourage and lift him up.  He also talks about Jesus a lot.  He asks questions, which I readily answer with the Lord's help with explanations from the Word.

I ask that you pray for him.  I pray Father will instill in his heart some real faith and courage.  A new way for him to see his life without concentrating on all the negative aspects.  It is a very difficult road he is on.  I know.  I see it 24/7.  I take care of him every day.

Father is blessing me with much compassion and patience.  Other than the sadness, I am okay.........
(01-22-2019, 11:18 AM)forrealone Wrote: Disregarding the behavior, I truly need your prayers for my husband.  He has recently begun experiencing a new health challenge related to his ostomy last year.  I won't go into details; it would be too gross. The simplest way to put it is that he started having accidents.  Suffice it to say, it is terribly embarrassing for him.  He is starting to sleep most of the time.  All afternoon napping, up for supper, back to sleep off and on until early AM.  Then, a couple hours later, he is in his easy chair all bundled up and sleeping for a few more hours.

No doubt he is terribly discouraged and depressed about all of this.  He feels very ashamed.  He continuously says he can't "live like this".   I try very hard to encourage and lift him up.  He also talks about Jesus a lot.  He asks questions, which I readily answer with the Lord's help with explanations from the Word.

I ask that you pray for him.  I pray Father will instill in his heart some real faith and courage.  A new way for him to see his life without concentrating on all the negative aspects.  It is a very difficult road he is on.  I know.  I see it 24/7.  I take care of him every day.

Father is blessing me with much compassion and patience.  Other than the sadness, I am okay.........

I just sent one, no words but my heart felt "warm". It can pray better than anything that comes out of my head. Regarding the accidents, my wife is diabetic and her medications have the unfortunate side effect of sudden bowel release. It just happens and there's nothing she can do about. It's happened at work, she comes home changes clothes and goes back work. She will be 50 on 2/6. Yes, it's embarrassing but, it doesn't stop her from doing what needs to be done. She says "suck it up, Buttercup" which annoys me when I'm wanting to piss and moan. Perhaps you should tell your hubby the same thing. He's not going through anything that's not common to man.
It's sad that our world teaches men such a tiny narrow definition of life and manhood. May the Lord prevail.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(01-22-2019, 12:59 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: It's sad that our world teaches men such a tiny narrow definition of life and manhood. May the Lord prevail.

That is a great conversation starter, it demands a "what do you mean?"
(01-23-2019, 03:35 AM)IainH Wrote: That is a great conversation starter, it demands a "what do you mean?"

Well, it's the kind of thing I've said in the past when chatting, and it does seem to get things going in a good direction.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(01-23-2019, 03:37 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 03:35 AM)IainH Wrote: That is a great conversation starter, it demands a "what do you mean?"

Well, it's the kind of thing I've said in the past when chatting, and it does seem to get things going in a good direction.

I could use more such gems. It's only by talking to people that we can first find and then teach those for whom God has called. Sometimes, I get a sense about an individual, in me I call it heart squeezin'. It is likely different in other people but, that's how I know my Lord approves my direction. I can't put it no better than that..
Of course we will pray. You asked the right people for the task. I have already, here and there the last few days. I haven't had time to post here because of work and the shoulder (that's my excuse), but it's been the target of my attention.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
(01-25-2019, 06:50 AM)jaybreak Wrote: Of course we will pray. You asked the right people for the task. I have already, here and there the last few days. I haven't had time to post here because of work and the shoulder (that's my excuse), but it's been the target of my attention.

Thanks.  That is what I/we need.