New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Vision for Radix Fidem
This is not a teaching; it's just me rambling a bit about where my heart is right now.

If this thing rests on me, it's already dead. We need more souls who will take the mission seriously in their own right. I'm serious about pulling together a curriculum to dampen the bad theology we all drag into this new faith, but I'm not going to write the whole thing. And I'm serious about not making it a book. But it's okay if we start with a collection of previous blog posts as the first round of things, so feel free to nominate stuff posted here or any of our blogs.

Most of it should be a matter of offering better parables than the mythology most Western Christians carry around. For example, the image of Satan as no longer in rebellion, but was demoted from Chamberlain to Prison Lord. He's a faithful servant, the left hand of God, but he's our enemy. It's this kind of re-imaging that we need to help get a more accurate ground of expectations for what faith accomplishes and how.

I think we can reduce our public usage of the term "heart-led" and substitute terms like "walking in convictions" or even being faithful to your conscience. That would probably be more helpful to newer folks. We can still talk about the heart as a sensory organ and the repository of convictions.

What we are doing is preparing for the End Times, even though I am convinced that's still a number of generations away, as yet. But in order for the people of God to have a clear witness and guide to face tribulation, we need to establish this way of faith so that it outlasts all of us. Somewhere in all of this work, I'd like to see the founding of a new School of the Prophets. I'm convinced the Lord will start using us that way again.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog