New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Open and Close

I recall a period of time a few years ago when I was driven to carry a sign around the OKC Metro area that said on one side, "Repent, America" and on the other side, "God's wrath is upon us!" I still have that sign in my closet. I also wore a collection of t-shirts with similar messages. I even passed out some flyers. Then over a very short period of time, random circumstances destroyed those shirts and I felt led to stop carrying the sign.

It isn't that America no longer needs to repent, but I felt like the window had closed. You see, I knew that America had violated a lot of other countries in the world. That violence is coming home. That's how I see us where we are today. Nobody wants it, but violence is decreed from Heaven for us. We need to face it as such, and not pretend God couldn't want that for America. That window of repentance was to gain some kind of reprieve, some kind of chance to reduce the the depth and prevalence of violence. Not many folks made that window. It would have required calling the troops home, and as you can see, that didn't happen.

(By the way, I have no idea how correct the way that image displays up there.)
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(11-13-2018, 08:59 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: I recall a period of time a few years ago when I was driven to carry a sign around the OKC Metro area that said on one side, "Repent, America" and on the other side, "God's wrath is upon us!" I still have that sign in my closet. I also wore a collection of t-shirts with similar messages. I even passed out some flyers. Then over a very short period of time, random circumstances destroyed those shirts and I felt led to stop carrying the sign.

It isn't that America no longer needs to repent, but I felt like the window had closed. You see, I knew that America had violated a lot of other countries in the world. That violence is coming home. That's how I see us where we are today. Nobody wants it, but violence is decreed from Heaven for us. We need to face it as such, and not pretend God couldn't want that for America. That window of repentance was to gain some kind of reprieve, some kind of chance to reduce the the depth and prevalence of violence. Not many folks made that window. It would have required calling the troops home, and as you can see, that didn't happen.

(By the way, I have no idea how correct the way that image displays up there.)

I like the 1950's style font was that a conscious decision or just convenience.
I was using a stencil; it was the only typeface that size at the hardware store. Turned out to be quite readable at a distance.
(11-14-2018, 05:49 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: I was using a stencil; it was the only typeface that size at the hardware store. Turned out to be quite readable at a distance.

The wide space between capital sans-serif fonts are very retro, because of reasons you mentioned: it was easier to make signs, etc., like that, because screen printing wasn't as accessible (and a lot different) back then, and pro printed styles often mimicked the homemade style.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Well, I've worked in offset printing and in silkscreen, but that's expensive equipment. All I had was stencils and those are cut letters glued on the face of a stiff styrofoam sheet. It's all attached to PVC conduit, very light and very stiff against our winds here. My walks with it took up to four hours at a time.