New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have a Talented Daughter
Excuse the overt brag post, but this was my daughter's first shot at drawing something realistic. She normally does cartoon-type of figures.

This was also done on a tiny smartphone, with her finger. She does have a drawing tablet and stylus, but our home computer situation isn't the greatest, so she's going to use that more once we get a better computer.

[Image: mashirocrow_cockatiel.png]
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Wow, Jay! That is really g o o d !!!!!!!!!!
Impressive for finger work.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Amazing what you can do nowadays. Before rock star ambitions ruined my life, my goal was Art School, at one time I had an impressive portfolio but, I gave all of it away. Some family members have paintings, others I gave to girls who were impressed. I still paint occasionally,  mainly non figurative color explosions for my own amusement. Sometimes I'll do a bad Monet for folks who like impressionist, my wife in particular. I threw out a bunch of canvases. When my son leaves I have dibs on his room. I still have ideas I'd like to try but, like I said it's for personal amusement. I don't like having people who have no talent critiquing my work. Your daughter has talent and should do what she enjoys.
(10-31-2018, 09:41 PM)IainH Wrote: Amazing what you can do nowadays. Before rock star ambitions ruined my life, my goal was Art School, at one time I had an impressive portfolio but, I gave all of it away. Some family members have paintings, others I gave to girls who were impressed. I still paint occasionally,  mainly non figurative color explosions for my own amusement. Sometimes I'll do a bad Monet for folks who like impressionist, my wife in particular. I threw out a bunch of canvases. When my son leaves I have dibs on his room. I still have ideas I'd like to try but, like I said it's for personal amusement. I don't like having people who have no talent critiquing my work. Your daughter has talent and should do what she enjoys.

Thanks Iain. She definitely does enjoy it, and makes a little cheddar on the side doing it.

I'd like to see your paintings someday. Hint, hint...
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com