New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patience
As i type this, my husband is wandering through the house singing the words to Tom Petty's song, "Roll another joint" - 

"But let me get to the point
Let's roll another joint
Turn the radio loud
I'm too lone to be proud

And you don't know how it feels
You don't how it feels to be me"

while the music is blaring outside in his shop, which is almost a mini amphitheater.   No doubt our neighbors aren't too happy.  The bass is loud and each drumbeat echoes through the windows of our house.

I guess the beers have been going down the throat a bit much, maybe?  Anyhow, I am agitated and trying not to be.  That music is not what I listen to anymore.  

Pray that I may have patience and compassion.  It's kind of hard for me to right about now.
Might I suggest you, do as my Missus would; barge into his "man cave" and loudly but calmly announce "TURN THAT SHIT DOWN!!! The neighbors say two more minutes and they're callin' the Law and I'm not bailing you out til EARRRRLY tomorrow morning when you feel like CRAP! "GROW UP, YOU OLD COOT!". Patience be danged, my dearest RF buddy. Git r done!
 In my case:
 My wife's use of the "alternate fertilizer" word would get my attention because she don't cuss (much). The lie about the neighbors wouldn't faze me, her hypocrisy, I'm well acquainted with. Her vicious temper, gives me have suicidal thoughts. For reals!

Addendum.

On rare occasions ( every 2 or 3 years) I to enjoy a tumbler of one thumb of 90 proof Wild Turkey plus one thumb spring water ( Foodlion's own brand, I'm not picky as long as the chlorine taste's gone). It's puts me to sleep, thanks to my meds, my Doctor says its harmless as infrequently as I do it and I seldom actually drain it. I'm not one to condemn the occasional "merriment and neither is our Lord. It's in the OT somewhere. Ed knows where it's at, he quoted it in a post some time ago.
Well, unfortunately, I am like totally non-combative. I just need patience is all. What else can I say?
Iain, there are several Bible passages suggesting beverage alcohol has its place in a normal holy life. I'm not sure proof-texting will serve any good purpose.

I hear your cry, Sister Linda. I'm sure the Lord does, too. We agree this is not good.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(09-01-2018, 04:42 PM)forrealone Wrote: Well, unfortunately, I am like totally non-combative.  I just need patience is all.  What else can I say?

I was kidding
(09-01-2018, 03:46 PM)forrealone Wrote: As i type this, my husband is wandering through the house singing the words to Tom Petty's song, "Roll another joint" - 

Let's roll another joint
Turn the radio loud
I'm too lone to be proud

while the music is blaring outside in his shop, which is almost a mini amphitheater.   No doubt our neighbors aren't too happy.  The bass is loud and each drumbeat echoes through the windows of our house.

I guess the beers have been going down the throat a bit much, maybe?  Anyhow, I am agitated and trying not to be.  That music is not what I listen to anymore.  

Pray that I may have patience and compassion.  It's kind of hard for me to right about now.

Is it the beer or loud music that's bothering you?

As much of a metal guy I am, I rarely blast it. It's way too uncomfortable to me if it's too loud, plus I have interests in other genres that aren't quite metal.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
(09-02-2018, 01:19 PM)jaybreak Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 03:46 PM)forrealone Wrote: As i type this, my husband is wandering through the house singing the words to Tom Petty's song, "Roll another joint" - 

Let's roll another joint
Turn the radio loud
I'm too lone to be proud

Is it the beer or loud music that's bothering you?

As much of a metal guy I am, I rarely blast it. It's way too uncomfortable to me if it's too loud, plus I have interests in other genres that aren't quite metal.

Hmmmm.  I do not like any kind of LOUD music.  If I can hear the words, the bass and the drumbeat, it is too loud.  (Unless I am listening to my sounds, alone and inside with just me, myself and the Lord).  Beer, all day, everyday, starting before sunrise, I don't like.  Then there's even more!  But I won't even go there right now.  Lol

(09-02-2018, 09:18 AM)IainH Wrote:
(09-01-2018, 04:42 PM)forrealone Wrote: Well, unfortunately, I am like totally non-combative.  I just need patience is all.  What else can I say?

I was kidding

I know, but even if you weren't, it is okay.  I am pretty laid back.  Those who know what my buttons are and intentionally push them might not agree because that will rile me up quick.