New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayer for a friend
Please pray for my good friend Doc (Douglas Ossie Campbell). He lives in the sticks near Roan Mountain, Tenn. He don't "compute" so, we mostly talk on the phone. I've been trying to get a hold of him, unsuccessfully. This is very unusual because either his wife or one of his daughters will normally answer on the second ring. He is 65 and doesn't go far from home due to health issues. If I can't raise him in the morning (tuesday) I'm going to go check on him and it's a 90 mile round trip. Pray for him and his family first, then pray that I have a safe ride over there, I just decided I'm going regardless. The Lord is mashin' my heart so, I must obey. Doc is the closest thing I have to a best friend/brother and if anything has happened to him it will hurt something fearsome. Doc is of a cheery disposition and can make the most dour sourpuss laugh. That is a rare thing indeed.
(08-27-2018, 11:50 PM)IainH Wrote: Please pray for my good friend Doc (Douglas Ossie Campbell). He lives in the sticks near Roan Mountain, Tenn. He don't "compute" so, we mostly talk on the phone. I've been trying to get a hold of him, unsuccessfully. This is very unusual because either his wife or one of his daughters will normally answer on the second ring. He is 65 and doesn't go far from home due to health issues. If I can't raise him in the morning (tuesday) I'm going to go check on him and it's a 90 mile round trip. Pray for him and his family first, then pray that I have a safe ride over there, I just decided I'm going regardless. The Lord is mashin' my heart so, I must obey. Doc is the closest thing I have to a best friend/brother and if anything has happened to him it will hurt something fearsome. Doc is of a cheery disposition and can make the most dour sourpuss laugh. That is a rare thing indeed.

You got it, my friend.  Safe journey!
Iain, did you mention Doc before, in another post?

Let us know what you find out. We will keep him in our prayers this Wednesday.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
I know the value of a friend who can make you see the joy of life. And do let us know the outcome.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
I tried calling again Tuesday am, same as before. I had chores that needed doing around the house, hard labor for me. My friend keeps a livestock, more of a hobby than a vocation so, maybe it's bad timing on my part. The burden I had from the Lord has lessened. I think He's telling me to visit and not neglect friendship, I'll keep trying to reach him.
On the home front, I told my wife if I couldn't find good enough work within her now 24 day deadline, I'd move to where the good jobs are, live cheaply and send $ every week. Her reaction was the typical hissy fit "don't bother!"  I'm trying to reassert my covenant authority as chief. For too long, because I have "difficulties" and she was breadwinner , I surrendered that authority due to the shame of not being man enough to hold a job for long. Employers take a dim view of workers who are out four days a month with spine problems. Legally they have to accommodate employees with disabilities but they find ways around it, especially when I'm not "officially" disabled. Part of me just wants to pack my sh*t and go gypsy but, that's probably not in the best interests of my kids but, neither is witnessing their parents fight half the time and not talk to each other the rest. If I'm a bum, then I'm a bad influence and shouldn't be around them anyway. Pray please.
You are in good company, Iain. The market is currently very hard on men who must walk on the margin. May the Lord open the door for you to prosper under His guidance.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(08-28-2018, 11:54 PM)IainH Wrote: I'm trying to reassert my covenant authority as chief. For too long, because I have "difficulties" and she was breadwinner , I surrendered that authority due to the shame of not being man enough to hold a job for long.

Practically speaking, the cards are stacked against married men in this regard. Feminism in the latter half of the 20th century made a huge push for more women in the workforce. A greater supply of labor means decreased wages, and married men don't get the satisfaction of getting a job and providing monetarily for a family as easy because of that.

Regardless, we will pray for you.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com