New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Folks Go Crazy During Times of Wrath
It's a symptom: When God's wrath falls, when tribulation comes, there is always a wave of crazy behavior. People start doing the most inexplicable things.

That's because the whole point of wrath and tribulation is revelation. It's God revealing His divine moral nature against sin. It's God pointing out what He calls "sin." It's God calling attention to my sins and yours so that we can repent and come back in line with reality. It's the mercy of God giving us a chance to get right. And when God starts peeling away the layers of delusion about what is and isn't sin, a lot of nasty secrets come out.

Folks can go through years keeping a socially stable exterior, but it's likely they are hiding something from themselves. As long as the economy is okay and there's no genuine political crisis, this kind of thing holds up pretty well. But when the political situation and economy get shaky, folks get nervous. Their carefully cultivated smooth exterior develops cracks. Their stable veneer breaks open and sin comes leaking out.

We who call on God to reveal His truth and pour out His wrath on us first are seeking to have hidden sins revealed so we can repent. We don't want to go nuts trying to hide from His All Seeing Eye. But everyone who isn't looking for His visitation are going to panic as their hidden lies burst out into the open. If you find yourself looking back over your life and constantly facing painful reminders of things you did wrong, haunted by things you wish you had done differently: Rejoice! It's a sign of the Holy Spirit keeping you sane. You know what sin is, and you are sensitive to it. That's God's favor.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Interesting you say that!  These last couple of months, stuff that has laid buried in my head for up to several decades is all bubbling up back into my consciousness and blowing my mind with sadness and shame.  But in that same moment, i am forgiven.  Guess all the s**t from my past needs to show its ugly head so i can move forward.  And, boy have i been having creepy, ghoulish types of dreams with creepy creatures trying to meld into my body in a wierd kind of rape thing but not in the usual definition of the word

I am such a sinner!  Every freaking day and I know it and confess it.  And, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Doesn't get much better than that!
People go nuts because their whole life is based on a material system, so it makes sense that when the system shows a sign of decline that affects them, they would be affected as well. Best case scenario is that they find their way to the right path, which is where I believe people like us get involved, or they keep declining with the system. It's pretty tragic, but that's the way things are, post-Eden.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com