New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is we a prayin' people or what!?
First, I ain't castigating nobody so don't go getting your unmentionables in a wad. I'm not takin' myself seriously even though Prayer is a vitally and seriously important activity. I'd say most of us can recognize that Paul's admonition to pray without ceasing may have been hyperbole used to drive home the importance of keeping a continuous heart connection to Jesus. So we pray a lot but don't often share. In my opinion it is a tangible link to one another much more powerful than ourselves on our own. If we agree and pray at the same time on the same things, it would be us petitioning the Lord as one, separate on Earth but together at the throne of Grace. At 5:00PM Wednesday July 11/ 2018, I'm gonna start praying for the Lord to guide those He chooses to find us. I stumbled on Ed's blog when I did a desperation search "Christians who don't believe America is God's chosen nation" or something similar three years ago thinking I was all alone and I'm still here. Join me, if you wish I ain't twistin' no arms. Lord, send us your own for your Glory. Amen.
I should be home by then and even if am not, i will be joining you in that prayer.
That's 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time? I'll be joining you at 4:00 PM Central Daylight Time.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Hi.  This is the second attempt at posting this !!   

Praise the Lord I made it home in time to find a quiet place to lift my prayers for us all and our journey, to open hearts to Him and to favor us with His blessings.

I talked to you all through Him, so if you felt a hug or a blast of love from my heart, you know why.
I felt it, Sister. May the Lord grant us many living stones to build a temple to His glory.
Big Grin  so glad to hear!
Me too, church was different Wednesday night. Instead of the usual procedin's, the opening prayer requests and praise reports turned into an hour of testimony. What made it special for me was what our most reserved lady, a Presbyterian by raising, had the most profound thing to say. I won't try to repeat it because I can't do it. I approached her afterwards and said "You Spoke!" We laughed , she's my friend. I want say I appreciate you praying with me, we should do it again. I was uplifted greatly but, all praise, honor and Glory goes to our Father. See how He indulges his beloved children, in spite of our wretchedness. I was ready to give up on my church but, I heard more supplication than I've heard in, well actually ever in my 18 years as a member. The Holy Spirit can work in the hearts of his kids and them have no idea what is going on.

(07-11-2018, 09:41 PM)forrealone Wrote: Hi.  This is the second attempt at posting this !!   

Praise the Lord I made it home in time to find a quiet place to lift my prayers for us all and our journey, to open hearts to Him and to favor us with His blessings.

I talked to you all through Him, so if you felt a hug or a blast of love from my heart, you know why.
Yes, I did. I knew in my heart we were joined together. I pictured us in a circle but, y'all were holograms like in a sci fi movie.
Ha! Second times a charm, the above reply should have went before my post. I must have hit delete or something. I've done it before and just said "phooey"& quit. I mean who saw this coming? I grew up in a house full of antiques. I learned to sew on a hundred year old treadle Singer with a shuttle not bobbins. I learned to type on a Remington mechanical typewriter, I'm a throwback for sure.
Well, looks like I totally missed the boat on this one. I've had too much on my plate the last few weeks.

Can we do Episode 2 this Wednesday the 18th?
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
"Make it so!"
Absotootly! 
Who invented Absotootly and is it?
 A: absolutely+totally or, 
B: absolutely+darn tootin'? 
I'm leaning towards B, it has a Festus sound to it . 

Gunsmoke for Loonies. 
Scene 33&1/3. Marshals Office & Town Jail.

"Festus, what say we head to the Long Branch for a snort of Miss Kitty's tea that looks like whiskey" 

"Absotootly, Matthew !, Ya know last week Doc told Kitty her new light beer was 'sloppin' foam' ". 

" No Festus, that was Burgess Meredith to Jack Lemmon in Grumpier Old Men"

"Marshall? Why can't we get a TV for the jail, I missed Henny Youngman on Carson last night"

"We're a period drama Festus, that's why"

" Dang it! Matthew half of the guys on set have mop tops! "

" So what Festus? Zebulon Vance had a mullet in 1862.  Festus the mullet is as old as mankind,  Cain's mark? Feel me? "

Short Pause..

" James, something weird is going on here "

" Are you talking about the random shifts in time and context, Ken? "

"Absotootly!"