New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be Prepared for Anything.
My brothers and sisters, if you read my posts here and comments you should have figured out by now that seriousness is not my strong suit. Believe me, my joy and lightheartedness comes not from a life of ease but, rather through hard times, sorrows, a crushed heart and long battles with despair. It is GRACE that most precious of gifts that God grants and the unshakeable assurance of FAITH, both free gifts granted by His Most Esteemed Majesty through the Divine Sacrifice of The Lord Jesus Christ and the filling of every fiber of my being with The Holy Spirit that brings as the hymn says "Joy unspeakable and full of Glory". I'm far from perfect, yet I stand Justified, freed from the stain of sin's dark shadows being Sanctified by the Ultimate Love of God Most High. The words of James, the Lord's brother echo in my heart to "count it all joy..." James 1:2. and the great comfort of Paul in Romans 8: 31-39 and Phil 4:11. The Lord has taught me to live these words.
   Brother Ed has spoken prophetically on his blog, the things he sees that may happen. I must be completely honest and admit that I've thought "nah". It just seemed a bit too out there for me sometimes but, twice in the last couple of days totally out of the blue I've been hit hard with an inexplicable sense of foreboding that something very dark is coming. Now one might think "aw, come on Mr Iain you're watching too much news and it's getting to you". Well, here's the rub, for the last 6 years I have completely disconnected myself from news media. I'm not meant to "stay current" , it's bad for me and my calling which is to be a blessing, to bring the love of God into people's lives, to lift up and encourage my fellow believers to live in the joy of obedience to God's law through faith in His Son. 
  Change is coming, tribulation and persecution is on the way for those who for sake of conscience cannot and will not conform. America is not, nor has it ever been a Christian nation under any covenant from God. Supporting Israel does not grant us special status rather, it brings God's wrath. The people who believe this, if ever given the power to do so will be the ones who come after us like Inquisitors. They are the children of their father, the same father of the Pharisees.
   Remember, Christ our Lord was tested in ways that we cannot begin to conceive and sinned not. He took upon Himself to full penalty for our sin. He has imputed to us His Righteousness. 
 "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that first loved us". Stand firm, 
God bless you all.
I'll vote for "nah" -- I'd rather be wrong about this stuff. I can't escape the conviction of dark days coming, regardless how I interpret them.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(06-29-2018, 04:40 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: I'll vote for "nah" -- I'd rather be wrong about this stuff. I can't escape the conviction of dark days coming, regardless how I interpret them.
It's not so much doubt brother but, the simple fact that we have different callings. We are different parts of the same glorious body of Christ. Because of this, I concentrate my efforts on my own, that being so, occasionally a prophetic pronouncement on your part may appear to make little sense to me. But, when in the course of basic household activities, such as drying dishes and staring out the window, seemingly with a blank mind, I am struck by certain dread of coming events once and within one day struck again by the exact same experience, even I realize the certitude of changing times ahead. I'm forced to pray and search the scripture for solace, which I feel compelled to share hoping to encourage our fellow travelers that we, who are His own will prevail.
 I've been reading Calvin's Institutes does it show? The super long sentences, I find it amusing.
What's funny about the Institutes is that reading them helps you realize Calvin wasn't really a Calvinist. It's the same deal with Luther not being a Lutheran, simply because he was too close to Calvin, and Lutherans reject the book, Bondage of the Will.
Marx also wasn't a Marxist, too, although he provided the foundation for all the different branches of Marxism.

I self-admittedly don't "do" prophecy, since it's nowhere within my makeup. At least, I'm not conscious of it. I certainly don't reject the idea if it comes to me. I've just never been selected for it.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Re: prophecy -- That's one of those things Paul said we should pray for, but I agree it's hardly a widespread gift. I never expected it for myself until that day some dozen years ago when I was crushed by that prophecy about the US attacking Iran. I say "crushed" because that was a very heavy experience that left me weak and weepy for a few days. It took nearly another decade to get rid of a bunch of internal junk that interfered with the gift. I'm actually far more careful now than when it first began. All I can is there are times when I feel this overwhelming urge and I spend time trying to discern it because I can't keep it inside. But most of the time it's all about comforting and reminding folks of the promises. I suppose it depends on whose reading it whether it should be called "prophecy" or something else, but it's all very nearly the same thing to me.
I agree we are heading for difficult times. With most of Americans so totally blind sided by so much falsehood, tom foolery, magic tricks and BS and completely ignorant of what is really going on, the mass confusion and hysteria that will prevail if just the slightest shift in their comfort zone occurs.......

I am grateful i have stopped worrying about all the worldly stuff and now spend time enjoying my Father's world! I am still having difficulties with my inner demons, but the Lord yanked my hand back a little while ago to remind me He hadn't let me go.

And, He never will. Ain't it just amazing?
(06-30-2018, 04:02 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Re: prophecy -- That's one of those things Paul said we should pray for, but I agree it's hardly a widespread gift. I never expected it for myself until that day some dozen years ago when I was crushed by that prophecy about the US attacking Iran. I say "crushed" because that was a very heavy experience that left me weak and weepy for a few days. It took nearly another decade to get rid of a bunch of internal junk that interfered with the gift. I'm actually far more careful now than when it first began. All I can is there are times when I feel this overwhelming urge and I spend time trying to discern it because I can't keep it inside. But most of the time it's all about comforting and reminding folks of the promises. I suppose it depends on whose reading it whether it should be called "prophecy" or something else, but it's all very nearly the same thing to me.
You're 100% right about the "crushing" affect of God's revealing , it is like a weight surrounding the heart from all sides the outside pushing in and the interior pushing out. It is a spiritual event that manifests in a physical "sense", I call it God "stompin' " on you.
(06-30-2018, 04:02 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Re: prophecy -- That's one of those things Paul said we should pray for, but I agree it's hardly a widespread gift. I never expected it for myself until that day some dozen years ago when I was crushed by that prophecy about the US attacking Iran. I say "crushed" because that was a very heavy experience that left me weak and weepy for a few days. It took nearly another decade to get rid of a bunch of internal junk that interfered with the gift. I'm actually far more careful now than when it first began. All I can is there are times when I feel this overwhelming urge and I spend time trying to discern it because I can't keep it inside. But most of the time it's all about comforting and reminding folks of the promises. I suppose it depends on whose reading it whether it should be called "prophecy" or something else, but it's all very nearly the same thing to me.

It seems to me like it's a very specific sort of phenomenon--"specific" as in, unmistakable. Like, there'd be next to no doubt entertained that it's from God.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Even when it's your first time, you have no doubt what it is and what you have to do about it. It's overwhelming in that sense.