New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hernia
Brothers and Sister,

As I mentioned in my introduction, I recently found out that the extreme pain I was working through was caused by a hernia. I thought it was a low back issue until I saw it and there is no doubt. I have a ultrasound scheduled for the 10th and the consult with the surgeon is on the 15th.

The rub is that I just started working at my current company a month ago. It is the best company to weld for in this area...by far. My insurance just kicked in last week, but my company has a policy that new hires will be terminated if they miss 3 days of work in their first 90 days. I have no idea how far out my surgery to repair the hernia will be, but if I want to keep my insurance to pay for it, then I have to keep working until the surgery.

I will be fired after the surgery because I will be required to stay off my feet a lot for several weeks to recover (they recommend 4 to 6 weeks if you work in manufacturing, which most people who do cannot afford to take that much time off!). I know that my company will hire me back after I am terminated, but they have another policy that people who have been terminated cannot reapply for a minimum of 6 months.

We will be okay financially however this works out, I just do not have any clear direction on this situation. I will try to keep working with the hernia and got a belt that does hold it in, although it has not been tested in battle conditions, which will start with my shift tomorrow because I had all of last week off, thank God. Please pray that the Lord will strengthen me to work with this condition and that he will give us direction in this matter.

Thank you all so much, and I will keep you posted on the situation in this thread,

Blessings,

JP
So it sounds like you have a 6 month wait until you can get rehired, based on company policy, right?

Sounds weird that they want you back but they can't do anything because of policy. I assume the folks that would hire you back have people above them that wouldn't approve of rehiring you back because of the policy.

Unfortunate situation, but it doesn't seem hopeless. I'll make sure to pray for a pain-free work day tomorrow (for you, not me...I have a desk job where sitting too long is an occupation hazard) and that the belt works as it should.

Let us know how it turns out!
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
I agree in prayer with all that Jay said!  Bless your heart and your body that our Lord in Heaven will be with you through all of this and provide you with all and anything you need to get through it.  Strength and courage to bear the pain, encouragement during times of discouragement, uplifting of the spirit, perseverance through whatever obstacles may show up, comfort in the knowledge that He is with you always, and wisdom to make the right decisions at the right time!  May He also fill you with His spirit to keep His joy in your heart and fill those at your job with compassion and kindness.  He created the worlds - He can move hearts as well!  We are in this with you, my dear brother!
JP told me about this a while back, and I just want to reaffirm that I’m still praying for this. May the Lord grant your request, and a firm sense of purpose for what comes next.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Hey JP... I been there with bi-lateral hernias but while retired and not working like you are. My surgeon did the laparoscopic repair with mesh and that was 8 years ago. I had put it off for too long.

Will certainly be praying that the Lord will clear a path for this surgery and give you the strength to endure until then.
Thank you all, I just read you replies right before heading off to work and I am very encouraged.

Blessings!
My first two shifts went extremely well, it helps to know what the problem was and work accordingly, the belt is really helping as well. Thank you for your prayers and I will update this thread after I meet with the surgeon on Monday.
Awesome report!
I have a follow up meeting Monday as well, with the audiologist, but it's not nearly as high priority as your meeting is.

I put it on my schedule to pray Monday morning for the consult.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Thanks Jay, my consult went well and the surgery is scheduled for August 16th. I will have to keep working with the H (I hate that word for some reason) until then, but it has been very easy since I learned what the problem was and my employer has been very accommodating. I am, of course, not looking forward to the operation and the aftermath, but this is the Lord's will for me for whatever reason.

Thank you all for your prayers!