New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayer for elderly mom
I know I have been mostly a lurker and not participating much since I signed up here. But, prayer for my mother would be appreciated. She is 85 and was very active, gardening, still driving and reasonably self sufficient. She fell twice in the last month, broken wrist and now has a fractured pelvis. The doctors are being optimistic but the reality is the reality. I'm reasonably confident she is a believer. The next week or two will be telling. It has really taken a toll on her mentally and emotionally also.

Having spent the last 8 years getting red pilled and doom scrolling every day I myself am having a hard time, everything really is a mess and there is little joy. Knowing and seeing is good, and I'm thankful for that, but wow ... "the whole world lieth in wickedness" was an understatement. Prayer that our Lord would give me a boost to equip me for the task would be appreciated as well.
Hi Robust1... Praying with you right now that the Lord would equip you to handle what lies ahead with your Mom. May He give you strength to endure and peace as you travel this road.
Absolutely, Robust 1.  I lift you and your mother up to our Lord Jesus.  May He fill you with joy and wonder at His glorious LOVE He has for you.  May His presence be obvious to you in whatever way He presents Himself to you.  My heart spills forth compassion and hope for you.  The world is what it is but it is not ours - it belongs to the one who is intent upon deceiving us and scaring us.

We are not of this world.... we have that faith, that hope that our Lord gives us.  His promise of an eternal life with Him is what I hold onto in spite of the many challenges that I have and have had in my life.

We care deeply for you and your mom.  Always know that!
Linda has it covered, so I'll just add that we are going through it with you, Brother. May the Lord grant healing to your mother.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Thanks folks, I'll be lifting your requests up to our Father as well.
We are praying alongside with you.

Quote:Having spent the last 8 years getting red pilled and doom scrolling every day I myself am having a hard time, everything really is a mess and there is little joy. Knowing and seeing is good, and I'm thankful for that, but wow ... "the whole world lieth in wickedness" was an understatement.

I've spent some time mulling this over before, and I think it might be the case that people are more open about their degeneracy, and we have plenty of tools at our disposal to broadcast. People have probably been so nasty, but modern tech allowed us to see it much more face to face. 

I guess mentioning this doesn't really help things, so it's more just an observation.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
I agree Jaybreak.

I'm thankful the Lord gave me eyes to see the way things are, despite it being so discouraging. It's helped me separate from the world system spiritually, examining myself, cleansing my hands, purifying my heart and bringing my thoughts into subjection to my Lord.
Praise to the Lord that my employer volunteered leave of absence to take care of mom and manage our way through the complex byzantine process.
I'm seeing the best and worst of our medical system these days. Amazing health workers and some who have no business being in the industry.
The industrial, bureaucratic and impersonal nature of the system is exhausting.
Pray that I keep my eyes on what's important and don't wallow in how this is effecting me.
While suffering and death comes with mortality I perceive active malice afoot in this whole experience also. I'm asking the Lord to go before me and follow after and that I please him through this ordeal.
There have been wobbly moments, only the living God can help me.
My, my; that sounds just like the VA medical system. I know your pain, Bro. May the Lord grant you peace and patience, along with wisdom in handling things.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Praying the Lord grants your request above and grants you the strength and wisdom to navigate through. Proverbs 3:5-6.