New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurray! JTMEE commentary
I became caught up reading JTMEE and set aside Pagueau's book (again) about half way through. Your commentary and analysis of TLoC will suffice for me for the time being. I don't feel inclined to pursue that path or tangent any farther. 

To say I'm excited to read your commentary on JTMEE would be an understatement! Having finished it I'm still digesting, ruminating, adjusting my thinking and searching my heart. Bailey is so much farther down the road of understanding the ANE mindset, yet, he is still a man of our western civilization. I found it edifying and I hope you and the readers will as well.    

Having a brothers and sisters who are following the same threads of truth, commenting on the same material I'm exploring is very encouraging, glad I found this assembly. Locally I have maybe one brother who is challenging his understanding of the faith in this way. 

Everyone is locked into their sectarian filters and templates, completely ignoring obvious inconsistencies, chugging along in cognitive dissonance. Gods cosmology and economy is so foreign to the modern church.

As an aside, I've read a couple of your (Eds) books and have been blessed, currently reading The Practice of Christian Mysticism.
Small caution: Some of those are older books. My understanding has grown, so you get a snapshot of where I was at the time. I'm glad my work is a blessing to you.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Understood, my understanding of the faith has been transformed over the last seven years. Praise God for that!