New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to let him go
We had a conference call with the attending physician at the hospital where Bryce is.  They were going to transfer him to a LTACH (long term acute care hospital), but she said that his prognosis as of right now is three months and that would simply be him laying in the bed, in pain, struggling to breathe.  His stats are way off. 

So, we three ladies discussed between us and decided it is time to "let him go".  His wife wants to wait until we are all there, but that's too long to wait for his sake.

I am going to try to get down there tomorrow or Saturday.  I popped out two ribs and it is very painful and was going to schedule PT for next week, but that will have to wait.

Hopefully we can get him "unhooked" over the weekend and he will die peacefully.  His step-mom plans to come on Monday from Michigan.  She has a really bad cold.

Anyway, I will keep you posted as good as I can.

Love you all
Praying now for all involved, especially Bryce that he may have a peaceful passing. Safe travels Linda, may you be blessed for all the help you have provided.
Tough thing to do. I echo Dave's prayer for safe travel and a peaceful gathering.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
From Linda, via text just now:

Quote:I just got word from the hospital that Bryce is crashing. His heart rate is only 38. I'm going to pack and head on down. It will take me a while cause I can't use my right arm (a couple of my ribs popped out, and can't get to physical therapy yet) but I will manage. I pray that he will make it at least until we get there.
If you could cut and paste this into the forums site.
Take care and God bless
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
From Linda, via text just now:

Quote:I just got word from the hospital that Bryce is crashing. His heart rate is only 38. I'm going to pack and head on down. It will take me a while cause I can't use my right arm (a couple of my ribs popped out, and can't get to physical therapy yet) but I will manage. I pray that he will make it at least until we get there.
If you could cut and paste this into the forums site.
Take care and God bless
Again from Linda, via text. Let's pray for comfort for everyone involved.

Quote:Bryce passed away 45 minutes ago.  We are still with him....
Could you post that as well?  Don't know when I will be able to... 
Thanks for posting these, Jay.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog