New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Time
I refer you to my most recent blog post: Is It Time?

As I was about to post it, I decided I had to remove one line about not having branding. We do, but we haven't used it as "advertising" yet. I think it's time for that, too.

I'm all for keeping the current "RF" logo. We need to put that on the CatRez blog interface, as well. If you want to refer to our actual online church body, it's "Kiln of the Soul". I was thinking about having a couple of t-shirts with some silk-screened stuff. I think I'm going to post a short series about what "Kiln of the Soul" means, in terms of what people would be getting into if they decide to join our community. Then, after some review, it could be formalized into a document we can add to the library.

Yeah, it's time.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
After reading your post Ed, I must agree that It's Time. My wife and I left our church community as the pandemic started and have yet to return to any form of formal community worship. The pandemic for us, and I'm sure many others opened our eyes to how shallow and "worldly" most church bodies today really are. We have talked with many of our former congregants and they are also feeling the shallowness of the organized church and how really ineffective it is in influencing our current culture.

All that said, we are both longing to get back in community/covenant with another group of people as we really miss the meat space fellowship with others. Your blog post has helped me to realize that it's up to my wife and I to use our time with others to impart the RF way and help during this time of tribulation and chaos. We will be praying with you and the family here for specific guidance as we reapproach meat space gatherings.
Thanks, Dave. This will require a heavy investment of prayer time. It's our burden to be ready to participate in what God is doing.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(01-05-2024, 10:32 AM)davew9804 Wrote: After reading your post Ed, I must agree that It's Time.  My wife and I left our church community as the pandemic started and have yet to return to any form of formal community worship.  The pandemic for us, and I'm sure many others opened our eyes to how shallow and "worldly" most church bodies today really are.  We have talked with many of our former congregants and they are also feeling the shallowness of the organized church and how really ineffective it is in influencing our current culture.

I am in the same boat as you. My church was doing remote services (meh), but things got too political and I had to bail. Now it's just myself on Sundays, reading the Bible. I wasn't too plugged into that church to begin with, so I didn't have too many contacts there to see how things were going.

And like you, I dislike not having a physical presence of other believers and church, as nominal as some of them might be.

Regardless, I am standing with you and Ed in prayer on this.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com