New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cain't stands it no more!
Today was children's Sunday which happens in our church once a year. It was and is always a delight to see the little ones do their thing. My spiritual high was thoroughly extinguished when, the preacher couldn't resist the "pitch" instead of simply dismissing us. No one responded to the "pitch" which is a par. It doesn't seem to matter that 99% of the congregation is there precisely because they are saved and come to worship and to receive instruction on Christian living. No no no, the slim chance that there might be one person who hasn't "decided" to " accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior" is the only thing that matters. I find the very notion that a fallen being can use their fallen reason to decide that they are now one of God's elect to be repulsive. 
   Please pray with me for guidance; I do not wish to leave, I love my fellow parishioners, they are my family but, I cannot subject myself to one more bile raising pitch. Perhaps the Lord will grant me a sort of immunity to these things which I find offensive to the depths of my soul? Then again it may be time to move on, nothing is clear at the moment.
  PS. Nana gets better every day!
PPS. In spite of the matter for which I seek your prayers, my heart overflows with joy at His wondrous ways which I see at work in my brothers and sisters in the Lord. Bless His Holy Name, Amen!
I'm going to vote for immunity. If it was worth my presence, it would be worth ignoring. All the more so since I was pickled in that nonsense most of my life, so I can let it roll off my back. YMMV.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Iain, so I take that it was an altar call of some sort?

Good to hear about Nana, though.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
(06-10-2018, 08:27 PM)jaybreak Wrote: Iain, so I take that it was an altar call of some sort?

Good to hear about Nana, though.

Always, if it's an altar call for prayer like Gordon Noble did, I'm all for it. There are times when praying at the altar makes a difference, I know this is true and God is my witness to the fact. For Mitch Marlowe, the new guy, the altar is your public profession destination.

Yes, I guess I'll endure, besides I can always excuse myself during preaching. I have considered broaching the subject but, the man's belief is as ingrained as my own. How can you get anywhere with someone who can quote Ephesians 2:8-9 and "the pitch" in the same sentence. Which is what he did last Sunday, my reaction prompted an elbow to ribs from my son, the impudent whelp. I reckon I'll do an LBJ "let us continyuh". YGWYPF. This last'un was supposed to go with Ed's answer but didn't, my 'just short of' bad.
A few years ago, when my daughter (oldest) had taken in 6 (yes, 6) children of other family members just after her son was born, we all went to a church in Raleigh that was having a Christmas program for needy children and offering gifts to all.  Needless to say, we all had a hard time affording "gifts for all".  Before ANYTHING else was presented about the birth of Christ, His Love for us all, and etc, this is what happened.

One of the elders presented a story to all the big and little kiddies about how he had been in a horrible fire.  He was burned all over his body and his face still bore the scars.  It was a tortuous event in his life and he spared no details.  Then, he went on to tell the children how it will be worse than what he went through for those who will end up in HELL!!!!!

Nothing about the Love of Our Lord.  Nothing about His sacrifice.  Nothing about His saving grace.

My daughter and I were shocked and would have LEFT had the kids not been so excited about the Christmas gifts.

I cannot imagine a church that represents Christ like that.  It was the worst example I had EVER experienced.

PS.  My daughter now has only three children living with her now:  their son and my other daughter's two girls.

And, glad Nana is doing better, Iain!
(06-11-2018, 06:25 AM)forrealone Wrote: A few years ago, when my daughter (oldest) had taken in 6 (yes, 6) children of other family members just after her son was born, we all went to a church in Raleigh that was having a Christmas program for needy children and offering gifts to all.  Needless to say, we all had a hard time affording "gifts for all".  Before ANYTHING else was presented about the birth of Christ, His Love for us all, and etc, this is what happened.

One of the elders presented a story to all the big and little kiddies about how he had been in a horrible fire.  He was burned all over his body and his face still bore the scars.  It was a tortuous event in his life and he spared no details.  Then, he went on to tell the children how it will be worse than what he went through for those who will end up in HELL!!!!!

Nothing about the Love of Our Lord.  Nothing about His sacrifice.  Nothing about His saving grace.

My daughter and I were shocked and would have LEFT had the kids not been so excited about the Christmas gifts.

I cannot imagine a church that represents Christ like that.  It was the worst example I had EVER experienced.

PS.  My daughter now has only three children living with her now:  their son and my other daughter's two girls.

And, glad Nana is doing better, Iain!
What a sicko! It sounds to me like a creep who gets his jollies from scaring children.
I do make mention of you and your family in my prayers but, I'm not one to organize them in a disciplined manner. I wait until the Lord prods me and that is probably at just the right time. Most of the time it's "Lord, bless all those in Fidemland, sweet Fidemland". I like corny, I was/am a medium fan of Hee Haw but, a huge fan of the Andy Griffith Show ( first five seasons are the best). I believe all wars could be ended using the diplomacy of Sheriff Andy Taylor in settling the Wakefield/Carter Feud. "Reason Sheriff? Of course I know the reason... Because we're shootin' at each other!" Ah, the good ol' days.
Yeah, a LOT of sickos in churches.......

Appreciate the prayers, by the way!
"Fidemland" ... Well, it equates to "Land of Faith" so I guess I can see that. Big Grin
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(06-12-2018, 06:39 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: "Fidemland" ... Well, it equates to "Land of Faith" so I guess I can see that. Big Grin
It was a melding of several images at once; Freedom land, Beulah land in my brains mixing bowl. It works to fit everything connected to rf in one speedy prayer. I have a time with my poor hearing, even with the doodads for the deef the the Church provides and I like to pray. So I write down them names of the requesters or a description. My desire with prayer is first that the Lord be Glorified and that God show the persons in need the depths of His love for them so, that their hearts overflow with love, peace, joy and amazement.