New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bike
    It arrived today via UPS. Oddly, it came while I was in the process of removing fluff from the old bike so I could give it someone else. Today I told the apartment management that I was ready to give it to anyone who needed it could sit on it safely.

So our dumpsters are quite a ways behind the buildings and across the parking lot from us, and I just rode the bike around, dragging the box with me. It rides quite differently, and I sit quite upright. Once we get the pictures moved from Veloyce's phone, I'll make a montage for the old blog. FYI, the black bag on the handlebars is a soft bottle carrier. It's rather common with folks who do bikepacking.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Well, glad you received your new bike and will be interested to hear how you do with it.  I am not a cyclist, so I know nothing about any of it. 

Glad you keep us posted!
The post is up on my old blog: Zizzo Forte Unboxing
Congrats on the new bike. It should serve you well as you travel and document your journeys.
I have this potent sense of conviction that I will be traveling by bus again soon, and I'm going to need it.
(08-28-2023, 06:11 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: So our dumpsters are quite a ways behind the buildings and across the parking lot from us, and I just rode the bike around, dragging the box with me. 

Wait, you were dragging the box behind you on the bike, or like holding it with one hand? Either way, somewhat of a funny image Smile

I saw your post on the blog...I'll head over there and comment, but the bike looks good! Enjoy it.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
I dragged it on the ground alongside of me. Made a good bit of noise on the asphalt.
Good news: The old bike went to our apartment complex maintenance man. He was overjoyed at having such a nice bike and was out riding it around the complex during his lunch break. I hope it blesses him and Him.
(08-30-2023, 11:23 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Good news: The old bike went to our apartment complex maintenance man. He was overjoyed at having such a nice bike and was out riding it around the complex during his lunch break. I hope it blesses him and Him.

That is good news Ed.   Praying God's blessing on both you and the bike's new owner.
The feel of a new bike, especially after not riding a bike at all for some time, is pretty unique. Glad to see it's being put to good use.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com