New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back flare-up
Hi family. I need some prayer. Although it only happens once every so many years, my lower back is flared up again. The pain is constant. It is very difficult to get out of a chair or to bend over to do anything. Basically, I am totally incapacitated for now.

I will wait a day or so and if it doesn't go away, I will give myself an injection for the pain. It is an Anti-inflammatory non steroidal medication. It doesn't always work so that is why I wait. In the meantime I am using heat and cold and my homemade pain salve. It literally just started an hour ago and I did nothing that I know of to aggravate it.  I do have bulging disks between L4/L5 and L5/S1 for those who know what that means.  ?‍♀️

So if you would dear family, lift me up to the Lord for his kindness and mercy and perhaps healing.

Thank you!
Oh MY... What an unfortunate situation. Dear Lord, please hear our dear sister's cry for you healing touch. Reach out your mighty hand and touch and heal your child's lower back for your glory. Give her the patience and peace to endure this trial. In Jesus name, AMEN!
It's another serious drawback of our geographical dispersion that none of us can gather to anoint and pray over you. But we agree together nonetheless. Father, you know our hearts better than we do; we long for our sister to be loosed from this binding pain that keeps her from serving You fully. Set her free, Lord!
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Gosh.  Brought tears to my eyes!   Thank you, thank you.

I had to call my daughter here to help me gather up my prep supplies for my injection.  I am SO lucky she is only two miles away.  The pain got to the point where I recognize IT IS TIME for a shot. 

On the off chance, it does not help and IF I am still in this bad of a way by Monday, I will have to see if I can get an MRI quickly.  I know anatomy and my body oh too well to let this "slide" until I feel better.

I have things that really should be done, but it  will have to wait.  On this.  And prayers  And we shall see.   (:^)

Love you, my sweet family!   Heart
Lord, give our sister a measure back of the physical care and mercy she has shown others. Your will be done. Amen!

I usually don't actually post my prayers here...just not in my nature, but I felt I should in this case.

I can relate in a minor way to the lower back pain. Early last week I was doing deadlifts and pulled my back. I was getting too lazy with my form, and my deadlift form was never very good. My own fault. But the pain is still kinda there. I might go see my PT about it soon if it doesn't clear up.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Yeah, waiting for certain kinds of pains to "go away" I have found to be a mistake. If movement worsens the intensity of the pain, something needs to be looked at. Been with/at this for over 40 years - I know my body and when to get smart and have it checked.

Be smart, Jay. You'll know.......
Today, I woke up with less pain.  Taking it easy is not exactly my "thing", but today it has been.  I am grateful to say that it is paying off and the pain is very tolerable.  Hopefully, I will continue doing the right thing for my back and I will be back to my normal soon.

Thanks again for your prayers, family!

God Bless.....
(08-06-2023, 03:01 PM)forrealone Wrote: Today, I woke up with less pain.  Taking it easy is not exactly my "thing", but today it has been.  I am grateful to say that it is paying off and the pain is very tolerable.  Hopefully, I will continue doing the right thing for my back and I will be back to my normal soon.

Thanks again for your prayers, family!

God Bless.....

Good!

My back strain has happened before over the years, from lifting incorrectly, and it has always gone away in a few days, which is why this time is weird. Maybe I pulled something extra vigorously. Or I am getting old. I'll find out soon Smile
Don't forget: We've been getting a few light CMEs over the past few days, and those have unpredictable effects on the nervous system, to include pain flare ups for some folks.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Praise report incoming! This morning my back felt much better--aside from general morning stiffness, the pulled muscle feeling wasn't there at all. I went to the gym and did my routine...today was legs and back. Though, I didn't go at it 100% since my schedule there was broken up a bit from the injury and I didn't want to re-injure myself. But I made it through with no problem, and it remained fine the whole day through work, etc.

It's pretty minor in the grand scheme of it all, but I am happy for the little blessings.