New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dental Issue
Please pray for me as I must visit the Dentist tomorrow to have an upper back molar evaluated for the excessive pain it is causing me.  The tooth has a crown that is only 4 years old but I fear the tooth itself might have some issues.  That usually means a root canal or extraction both of which I find very unpleasant.  I know the Lord will grant me the strength to endure whatever comes and your prayers will be appreciated.
Amen, dear Brother.  Will certainly pray for you right now that our Father will grant you peace of mind, assurance of His involvement in your well being, and His grace and wisdom to the dentist to ensure the right care and attention is given to your tooth.

Going to the dentist for anything more than routine cleaning is not pleasant for most folks.   Rest in the Lord that no matter what the result is, He will definitely help you through it all.

Keep us posted, ok?
Amen to getting back to us. I've recently had four different procedures in the span of two months, so I know about the discomfort of dental care.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
The dentist has diagnosed an abscess resulting from decay below the gumline. There is no way to effect repairs so this tooth will need to be extracted and replaced with an implant. She prescribed an antibiotic for 7 days and I have a consultation with her partner on July 18th to evaluate and propose a treatment plan and cost $$$$. From what I am able to understand this could stretch out over a 6 to 9 month period with several visits to the dental chair.

THANKS for your prayers... I was very relaxed yesterday and the Lord has given me a strange (for me) peace about what is to come.
Grateful you at least know what it is and what needs to be done. 

Especially grateful and praise the Lord for the peace He has filled you with.  Oh Lord, How Great THOU Art!

Appreciate the update, Dave
The good news is that you are relaxed enough to cooperate. That's always been a real blessing for me when going to the dentist; it allows me to pray for them and cooperate with the program.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
I had a root canal done maybe 5 or 6 years ago? I forget the details, but I had a cracked molar along with other issues. I only had 1 visit for the operation and 1 after for the permanent crown. It wasn't terrible. The worst part was keeping my mouth open for so long. It started to get strained.

Praying for the situation, but it looks like you're at peace already.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com