New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More prayers for Lyn
Hello dear family!

Lyn is now doing his dialysis at home.  For those of you unfamiliar with the procedure, suffice it to say that it takes weeks of classes at a dialysis facility to practice and to learn how to "do it".  The machine is complex and complicated and everything has to be done exactly correctly and in the right order and error codes do not get ignored.  You have your electrical system and plumbing system inspected and confirmed that dialysis can be done safely and properly at home.  Then you spend 3-5 hours in a recliner in your living room having your blood removed and replaced by the machine - however many liters per hour.  And you do this 4-5 days a week.   I have been to his house to visit or to bring him some homemade supper and seeing it all with my very own eyes is/was not only way overwhelming but so very sad.  He is in horrible pain also because both of his shoulders need replacing; not repairing.  Replacing.  His shoulder joints are rubbing so badly that spurs have formed and have torn most of the ligaments to shreds.  It is almost impossible for him to comfortably move his arms.  His physiatrist (pain mgmt doctor) keeps "bugging" him to get the surgery done, but seriously - he is supposed to have surgery while his kidneys have failed and he is on dialysis at home????   Sorry.  Had to vent for a minute.

So, several  prayers needed here:

May Father give Lyn all the strength, courage and will he needs to continue down this path
 and that

He ensures that Lyn qualifies to be on the national and regional donor lists until.....

the Lord wills that

He either receives a kidney via someone's death or
                    He receives a kidney through a living donor match.

I cry a lot for Lyn.  Well, for a lot of folks - but it seems like a lot of tears for him these days.

Thank you family.  And always remember I am here for all of you - anytime, for any thing.......

PS.  Some friends run an "Angel Flight" organization that flies out of a nearby regional airport and they have offered to fly Lyn to wherever so Lyn can get to a kidney if it is too far away to drive to (you have a 4-6 hour window).
Praying that God's Holy Angels and His Holy Spirit will comfort Lyn and provide the strength he needs for this season of time. Praying for you Linda that you will find peace and joy in helping your friend.

Blessings - Dave
(05-16-2023, 08:25 AM)davew9804 Wrote: Praying that God's Holy Angels and His Holy Spirit will comfort Lyn and provide the strength he needs for this season of time.  Praying for you Linda that you will find peace and joy in helping your friend.

Blessings - Dave

Thank you Dave.  God bless you!
Wow. What a price for survival. May the Lord be merciful and grant Lyn what he needs.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Will say prayers for Lyn.

Hopefully a donor will pop up soon?
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Until Lyn "qualifies" to be a donor, he won't be on a list.  So, unless he personally knows someone who happens to be a match, it will be a long wait.

See here for what is involved:  https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/kidn...evaluation

PS  I just brought a friend home from the hospital.  I took her to the ER Thursday at 2pm and have been with her virtually non-stop until just now (Sunday evening) as I just got home.  She has surgery on Tuesday.  I need some prayers that Father will continue to give me strength, energy, patience and compassion.  I do get a little "fussy"when I am overly tired.  Thanks.
My, my; who would have thought with aging comes the odd feeling that your remaining energy quickly oozes out and evaporates like sweat on a dry summer day? Everything you touch feels like it's sucking the life out of you. Grumpy when tired? Living and loving is the hardest job there is. I know how you feel, Sister.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(05-22-2023, 09:31 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: My, my; who would have thought with aging comes the odd feeling that your remaining energy quickly oozes out and evaporates like sweat on a dry summer day? Everything you touch feels like it's sucking the life out of you. Grumpy when tired? Living and loving is the hardest job there is. I know how you feel, Sister.

Big Grin