New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for Lyn
Yesterday, my friend Lyn was at his doctor's office and we were texting back and forth because I was cooking chili and corn bread and as is the usual case, told him to be sure to come by and get some for himself and son, Joe, on their way back home.

Later on, he said he was leaving the doctors and would pick up some chili and then head to the ER.  Good grief!  What?  His blood work has shown an extremely low hemoglobin level - 4.5.  Normal for men is between 14-17.  Most common cause is internal bleeding.

Anyway, yes he got the chili.  An hour or so later, Joe texted me that his dad sure had enjoyed the chili and that they had just arrived at the ER in Raleigh. 

I have not heard anything else, but please lift him up to our Father for healing, for patience, for good and compassionate doctors and that Lyn will feel His Spirit and His Peace.

Thank you, family
Ouch; that's pretty serious. May the Lord guide the doctors and give Lyn peace.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
I just heard from Lyn's son Joe.  Lyn has been given transfusions of blood and now they have taken him for his first ever kidney dialysis treatment aka "renal replacement therapy".  So, it is obvious he is suffering some stage of kidney failure. 

Not surprised after that horrific three month stint in the hospital and care facility over a year ago when he had mrsa invade his body and wreak havoc.

I am very sad.  For him.  For his son.
Very sad turn of events for your friend, Lyn.. Prayers are being lifted for him and his family.
Thank you all for your steady prayers for my friends.....   So grateful we have each other - our sweet precious family!
Saying prayers today for everyone involved.

But the most important part:

(01-26-2023, 12:40 PM)forrealone Wrote: Anyway, yes he got the chili.

I never pass up an opportunity to have chili.
Unless, for some reason, it has tofu in it. It's not common but I have experienced it.  Dodgy
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
(01-28-2023, 10:25 AM)jaybreak Wrote: Saying prayers today for everyone involved.

Unless, for some reason, it has tofu in it. It's not common but I have experienced it.  Dodgy
He he.  I cook every Wednesday for my daughter and three grandchildren.  I ALWAYS make enough for Lyn and his son, Joe.  Sometimes, I bake some homemade brownies or cake.  No tofu......   I live on a plant-based diet (meat about 2x a year maybe?), but I wouldn't get away with using tofu.  I don't like tofu anyway.  I don't need a meat substitute because I know how to eat plants and get all the nutrients I need that way.  Took a while to learn.
Update time:

Lyn had a minor surgery done today to create an AV fistula in order for his dialysis to be done outpatient.  It will take several weeks to heal so for now typically a catheter in a vein is used until it does.  Lyn texted me a blip but i got the gist that something about his insurance is keeping him in the hospital until end of week maybe?

I have another friend to take to one of her doctors in Raleigh tomorrow afternoon, but I am hopeful to somehow also be able to make a giant pot of chicken, barley and vegetable soup for my daughter and grandchildren and also for his son Joe and maybe Lyn will get some when he gets home.   Smile

Anybody hungry?
I can smell it from here...
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(01-28-2023, 02:27 PM)forrealone Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 10:25 AM)jaybreak Wrote: Saying prayers today for everyone involved.

He he.  I cook every Wednesday for my daughter and three grandchildren.  I ALWAYS make enough for Lyn and his son, Joe.  Sometimes, I bake some homemade brownies or cake.  No tofu......   I live on a plant-based diet (meat about 2x a year maybe?), but I wouldn't get away with using tofu.  I don't like tofu anyway.  I don't need a meat substitute because I know how to eat plants and get all the nutrients I need that way.  Took a while to learn.

Pardon my ignorance here, but wouldn't tofu qualify as plant-based...or are you using the term different than usual?
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com