New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday to forrealone
Another trip around the sun for our sister, forrealone. Hope you are especially blessed today Smile
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Thanks Jay.  I am grateful for another year from Our Lord.  He blesses me so abundantly.  Sadness accompanies this day only because Bryan's birthday would have been last week and we always celebrated together.

God bless us all and protect us all.  The weather is challenging for many (we have really high winds today and will have wind chills in the minus tonight), there are those who are sick and in the hospital, some of us have lost loved ones and are grieving.  Through it all though, we have the wonderful promise of Our Lord's return as we celebrate His humble birth this weekend.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!
I forgot to ask you about the news of the day...the sledgehammer weather. It's the same here in Pittsburgh: icy/snowy, very windy. Not a lot on the ground but it's very dangerous nonetheless. Likely, there will be power outages in the area. Thankfully, I am off work until next year so I can easily take care of anything if need be.
(12-23-2022, 09:33 AM)jaybreak Wrote: I forgot to ask you about the news of the day...the sledgehammer weather. It's the same here in Pittsburgh: icy/snowy, very windy. Not a lot on the ground but it's very dangerous nonetheless. Likely, there will be power outages in the area. Thankfully, I am off work until next year so I can easily take care of anything if need be.

Good deal!  Yes, they are forewarning us of possible power outages.  Thankfully I have a 10,000W generator and my wood stove, so I should be good.
(12-23-2022, 10:07 AM)forrealone Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 09:33 AM)jaybreak Wrote: I forgot to ask you about the news of the day...the sledgehammer weather. It's the same here in Pittsburgh: icy/snowy, very windy. Not a lot on the ground but it's very dangerous nonetheless. Likely, there will be power outages in the area. Thankfully, I am off work until next year so I can easily take care of anything if need be.

Good deal!  Yes, they are forewarning us of possible power outages.  Thankfully I have a 10,000W generator and my wood stove, so I should be good.

Good on you, with the generator and wood stove. I might get a wood stove here soon. I've always wanted a generator but they are too expensive for my budget right now  Dodgy
Happy Birthday! Thank you for being a good friend!
Happy birthday, Sister Linda. Veloyce didn't mention that our temps have been near 0°F since the wee hours of yesterday morning, and winds hitting 40 MPH in places, so the wind chill index is well below zero around here. The weather folks promise that tomorrow it should start to rise for us. I should be able to ride comfortably next week. Last week was some pretty frosty riding.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(12-23-2022, 01:07 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Happy birthday, Sister Linda. Veloyce didn't mention that our temps have been near 0°F since the wee hours of yesterday morning, and winds hitting 40 MPH in places, so the wind chill index is well below zero around here. The weather folks promise that tomorrow it should start to rise for us. I should be able to ride comfortably next week. Last week was some pretty frosty riding.

Needless to say, thank you both for your kindness to me and your love!

Tonight is supposed to be below zero wind chill for us.  First time in decades.  We had 40+mph gusts as well.  Thankfully, next week will get back into the 40s and 60 by Friday!  I cannot even imagine how you ride in the chilly air although I imagine you are way more hardy than most of us!

Take care, God Bless and may we all get the glorious peace and comfort that only Our Lord can give us.