New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letting their Mom go
The mother of my best friend (I call her Mom too)has been in the Intensive Care Unit for three weeks. She has many health issues and the doctors say there is nothing further they can do for her. Mom said that she doesn't want to continue to live like this and for her kids to let her go and my friend wants to respect her wishes. However, her younger sister can't or won't and talked their mother into being intubated and then having a tracheotomy and then being transported to a facility basically to be on life support. She will probably continue to be resuscitated until she either passes away or everyone agrees to let her go.

Mom will never be able to come home. She could live on for however long under the circumstances. I feel so bad for Mom because she is suffering. I am not judging the younger sister for not being able to let go of their mother. But I will lift up prayers and ask you all to join me that Mom will not have to suffer long. I also pray that during this time the Lord will show Himself to Mom so she can find peace and learn of the promises of Jesus' return. Very sad situation where grief is put on pause indefinitely.

Thanks
Prayer being lifted now for this difficult situation. May the Holy Spirit grant peace and comfort to all involved.
Praying about this. This is not an easy decision.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Wow. Tough scene to watch. Amen to what the others have already said.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
My friend's son Philip, a police sergeant, went this afternoon to have a conference with the doctors and the younger sister at the hospital.  My friend didn't go as she just can't deal anymore.  Philip is a good negotiator and wanted to see if he could help. 

Praise the Lord, everyone has finally agreed to say their goodbyes and let Mom go.  Youngest grandson is en route from a Navy base in Georgia to say goodbye to his grandma, so the time/day has yet to be decided upon.  This will involve disconnecting Mom from everything.

Thank you all so very much for your prayers.  Now hopefully soon, Mom can die on her own terms.
Good news, Sister. The Lord has heard everyone's prayers.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(12-03-2022, 06:40 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Good news, Sister. The Lord has heard everyone's prayers.

AMEN!
I just got off the phone with my dear friend.  Mom was removed from all equipment and opened her eyes for a brief period.  She was then sedated so as not to suffer.  She passed away peacefully at 2:53 pm.  A huge sigh of relief has come forth from our hearts.  

While she was still conscious, she did get to hear the beautiful story and promise of our Dear Savior's Love for us and how beautiful His Return will be!  My friend had prayed for an opportunity to share with her Mom - Praise the Lord that she was able to!

Thank you all for your support, encouragement and prayers.
I echo everyone else's relief that things have turned out as well as they did. May she rest in peace until she is called to resurrection.
Benjamin
I echo everyone else's relief that things have turned out as well as they did. May she rest in peace until she is called to resurrection.
Benjamin